OGXbox.com

How Do I Boot Hexen From My Open Xenuim Chip?

bulkchart32

i first installed an aladin chip in the xbox cause i had one laying around. xbox worked great with it. my open xenuim chip came today so i installed it. the ox menu comes up when i boot the console but i have no idea how to get the hexen2020 disk to boot with it so i can install the os. please help.

6 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

From the Open Xenium screen press A to open the Launch Menu

Then highlight the BIOS you want to use and press A

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

it's not showing a bios when i do that. what am i missing?

copy a BIOS you plan on using to a USB it can be in FAT 16 or FAT 32 

select launch menu 

then select Add New item

Select Flash

The look for the drive that just the odd one out (in my case it's H drive) and select it 

The look for the BIOS you are going to use and select it

When it's complete refer to my previous post about selecting a bios.

To load a install disk have it in the DVD drive and power cycle and the select the BIOS and the disk should boot

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I do not know the Xenium but surely if the OP wants HeXEn to boot so he can install a BIOS and a dash all he has to do is cold boot a HeXEn disc.

It should be burned on DVD-R using ImgBurn at lowest supported speed. HeXEn boots slowly - there is generally a 20 - 30 second delay.

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I do not know the Xenium but surely if the OP wants HeXEn to boot so he can install a BIOS and a dash all he has to do is cold boot a HeXEn disc.

It should be burned on DVD-R using ImgBurn at lowest supported speed. HeXEn boots slowly - there is generally a 20 - 30 second delay.

By default the Open Xenium doesn't have a BIOS to boot from and will only display the built in Operating System and cannot boot a HDD or DVD so you need to add you own BIOS's

This is all the OP would have seen if the modchip when it did not have any BIOS's programed.

IMG_20200627_162431.thumb.jpg.c2709a671d25d113cb6737815a374ce1.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

I assume Open Xenium does not come with instructions then because something like that would seem rather important to know.

Looking at that menu I'd see the Disk Tools option and think that meant it would at least boot a burned installer disc. Apparently not - its referring only to HDD tools.

If this is still the latest manual then somebody needs to re-write it to bring it up to date. The very first item should be a noob friendly guide to getting started and how to install a good basic BIOS like Evox M8+ with larger HDD support in nice, clear easy steps so you can actually use the chip. Kind of fundamental for practically............everything. :) 

Most users probably wouldn't need anything more than this.

Just found this which is older but much, much better:-

https://www.docdroid.net/kHVCf1v/xenium-total-noobs-guide-cap269-pdf

Edited by HDShadow

5 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I assume Open Xenium does not come with instructions then because something like that would seem rather important to know.

The seller should probably at least send the buyer a link to the install and operation manual or better yet include a $2 USB or a 20 cent CD with both on it but with everyone trying to make a buck from making and selling them that's not going to happen.

The seller I used to get chips from for the PS1,PS2 Xbox used to include install instructions either on a CD or printed with the chips.

Cheers

SS Dave

Its petty obvious from this thread and others I've seen across a range of Xbox forums over the years that chips do not come with adequate info.

The posters would not be having to ask these sorts of questions if they were.

Of course the info is out there but you do need to go looking for it not knowing if you're going to find the answer to your question. Ergo its easier to ask the question in a well populated forum like this as you'll get the answer quicker and probably a whole load of other useful info too.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, HDShadow said:

Its petty obvious from this thread and others I've seen across a range of Xbox forums over the years that chips do not come with adequate info.

The posters would not be having to ask these sorts of questions if they were.

Of course the info is out there but you do need to go looking for it not knowing if you're going to find the answer to your question. Ergo its easier to ask the question in a well populated forum like this as you'll get the answer quicker and probably a whole load of other useful info too.  

my chip came with no info.