OGXbox.com

Does Anyone Have X2 and Ind-Bios Config Makers?

cOrPsE

Yea see I have that one from Izozone but virustotal says it has viruses. must be false positives idk. I am looking for a config maker that will work for X2 5035 and IND-5004

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/afef81ee3b27303f65dea8b61f39f5781c2501a2794c48c67bd9d22224d78800/detection

Edited by cOrPsE

There are two separate apps.  One app that edits both of these BIOSes config files does not exist.

The iND-BiOS config app comes with the archive for the 5003 BIOS release or separately as iND-BiOS Config App v.0.4.30

An X2 Config Maker's nfo file states, "x2 Config Maker for 'x2 5032 ONLY'": not sure that's correct is latest on xbins ftp server. You'd think it would work with 5035 too but not per the docs or a typo:

The X2Config.rar that chipntschip provided a link to works for 5035.  Doesn't look infected to me from scans by MalWareBytes or Windows Defender.

The x2config.ini can be edited with a text editor same goes for the ind-bios.cfg file.

These apps do give visible color previews and show all the options available which are handy.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There are two separate apps.  One app that edits both of these BIOSes config files does not exist.

The iND-BiOS config app comes with the archive for the 5003 BIOS release or separately as iND-BiOS Config App v.0.4.30

An X2 Config Maker's nfo file states, "x2 Config Maker for 'x2 5032 ONLY'": not sure that's correct is latest on xbins ftp server. You'd think it would work with 5035 too but not per the docs or a typo:

The X2Config.rar that chipntschip provided a link to works for 5035.  Doesn't look infected to me from scans by MalWareBytes or Windows Defender.

The x2config.ini can be edited with a text editor same goes for the ind-bios.cfg file.

These apps do give visible color previews and show all the options available which are handy.

I am using 5004 IND and that will not work sadly. however I just made a 5003 config file, and then opened my 5004 config, and then copy/pasted colors in the correct spots.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

What file is it missing?  MSCOMCTL.OCX

You may not have that file in your

C:\Windows\System32\

folder.

I have and it's 1.02MBs (1,070,232 bytes) with an MD5 hash of 273676426739B02A45A0FC9349500B65.

File version: 6.1.98.46
Date modifed: 12/08/2015 3:57am

The one in the linked file above is an older version.  It is 1.02MBs (1,077,336 bytes) with an MD5 hash of F7BBB7D79ADB9E3ADC13F3B3C33D3D4D.

File version: 6.1.95.45
Date modified: 12/20/2002 2:02pm

Edited by KaosEngineer

i did install MSCOMCTL.OCX does not work ,i also tried it via microsoft visual studios 6 doesnt work 

If you are using 64 bit Windows copy the MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64
(If you are using 32 bit Windows copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32)

1. Open a CMD or PowerShell prompt (as an administrator) and change into C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64
  2. Type  regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx   

doesnt work for me because of this icon ! C:\WINDOWS>    << backspace does not work the small arrow 

any one having problems installing this worked for me 

Edited by Soufian Elamriti
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 26/08/2018 at 7:03 PM, Soufian Elamriti said:

i did install MSCOMCTL.OCX does not work ,i also tried it via microsoft visual studios 6 doesnt work 

If you are using 64 bit Windows copy the MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64
(If you are using 32 bit Windows copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32)

1. Open a CMD or PowerShell prompt (as an administrator) and change into C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64
  2. Type  regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx   

These steps worked for me, right down to the ActiveX control registration. Still working out the details while I patiently wait for my UDMA IDE cable.

• 1 year later...