OGXbox.com

Will My Sandisk Cruzer 4gb Work To Softmod?

bulkchart32

I couldn’t say for sure, you can try it but you might have better luck with a drive that is smaller.  I’ve had success with an old PNY that is 128mb, and I’ve also had some luck with a promotional 64mb drive I got a couple of years ago.  

I didn’t have much luck with hamburger shaped usb drive that was 1gb, or a memorex drive that was 256mb.

If you have a card reader and a smaller SD card you could try that.

Basically you have 2 hurdles: 1. The Xbox needs to recognize the drive and format it,  2. The Xplorer360 software needs to be able to copy the save files to the drive from the pc.

Edited by JamerDoo

1 hour ago, bulkchart32 said:

this is an old flash drive from back in 2012. it is a none "blade" version. it's just a straight sandisk cruzer 4gb.

Plug it in the Xbox if it wants to format it then yes it will work if it reports unrecognized memory card it won't work

And have a look at FATXplorer Beta  instead of Xplorer360

And in my view just fit a modchip and be done with it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If you have a hard modded Xbox you can use that to sent the game files to the memory card via FTP instead of xplorer360 or FATXplorer.  And if you have a MS Xbox memory card that is better to use as it's 100% compatible.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If you have a hard modded Xbox you can use that to sent the game files to the memory card via FTP instead of xplorer360 or FATXplorer.  And if you have a MS Xbox memory card that is better to use as it's 100% compatible.

Cheers

SS Dave

i do have the memory card. how do i do this?

If you have memory card in the controller and the login to the Xbox via FTP it will show up as a extra drive and in my case it's H drive.

you can then send the game saves to it via FTP the same as copying games to the hard drive.

IMG_20200626_125142.thumb.jpg.b599671ec950cc8f7561bd4b8a755b85.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

^ In theory yes, good method, but in my experience even flash drives which work 99% of the time for transferring anything to a Xbox have issues when being written to by a Xbox.

On PC with Xplorer360 I rarely get any problems writing to any of my most used 4GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 flash drives (I have three). I rarely have any problems transferring that stuff to the Xbox. But doing the reverse - anything big with lost of small files or occasionally just a large game save I'm trying to backup to the flash drive the copy will fail, occasionally multiple times.

You have to shutdown and restart each time and then, as if my magic, it'll suddenly copy without any problem.

Go figure.