OGXbox.com

[Fixed] Hard Modded 1.6 XBox Led Flashing Green/Red After It Hangs Up a Few Times

Cosmonaut Cartilag

SO when I turn it on, it starts and stops a few times before it finally gets going and then when it does I get no image or sound and the light just flashes red and green. At first I thought it was my IDE adapter on my new hard drive, but when I replaced the unnamed brand one with a startech it still did it. To be clear, my xbox DOES work if I keep fucking with the power button and I can play games normally (Have not extensively tested to see if it randomly shuts off or anything after a long period of time. Anyone know what the problem could be? 

I would triple check all the connections to do with the modchip and have a look for solder splashes.

I you can post some pics of the chip install that would help.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

41 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I would triple check all the connections to do with the modchip and have a look for solder splashes.

I you can post some pics of the chip install that would help.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

This wasnt a problem that occured until after I replaced the IDE cable and HDD so im uncertain if that would be the case 

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What happen if you put the stock drive back in 

Can you send/post some pics of the board and power supply.

Cheers

SS Dave

Does it with the old stock drive/cable I've noticed however my mod chip no longer lights up? Think I got a bad one? 

That chip in my view is solid as a rock and the only time I have seen faulty one's is from a bad flash.

How is the D0 point connected ?

Is it grounded on the bottom or has the LFRAME trace been cut like this?

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

Can you post a pic of the bottom of  the main board around where the LPC port is.

Cheers

SS Dave

The solder joint in the red circles look suspect and I would resolder all of them

image.png.37cf40b4b21a8e1bf8a37d7696b248b3.png.014c5a8b5fb5db5a851adb8285178ad6.png

Also because you have cut the LFRAME trace you don't need the D0 grounded on the bottom

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [Fixed] Hard Modded 1.6 XBox Led Flashing Green/Red After It Hangs Up a Few Times