OGXbox.com

Aladdin Xblast With a Nand-X

lilkuz2005

hey guys, i read somewhere that its possible to flash an aladdin modchip with xblast using a nand-x, i have all the parts for this but i need a pinout for the nand-x to the aladdin to flash the CPLD, can anyone help me out with this? i tried to use my old flashcatusb but i couldn't get the chip to show up.

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

I made my Xblast test chip by flashing a Aladdin using the hot swap method I also have Xblast on a DuoX2 chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I believe they are trying to reprogram the CPLD, Lattice LC4032V, on an Aladdin XT plus 2 with new code using the JTAG pads, not flashing the XBlast OS BIOS to a new SST49LF080 (1MB) flash memory chip.

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

I believe they are trying to reprogram the CPLD, Lattice LC4032V, on an Aladdin XT plus 2 with new code using the JTAG pads, not flashing the XBlast OS BIOS to a new SST49LF080 (1MB) flash memory chip.

yes this is exactly what im trying to do

IMG_20200616_233744697.jpg

50 minutes ago, lilkuz2005 said:

okay so after talking with another xbox enthusiast, he informed me that my old flashcatusb classic would work to write the SVF file for the CPLD on the aladdin xt, i just needed to update the firmware that i wasn't aware of and correctly wire up the pins to my chip

You also need to replace the sst flash chip to a set 49lf080a, more info here https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/mod-aladdin-xblast.505/

8 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

You also need to replace the sst flash chip to a set 49lf080a, more info here https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/mod-aladdin-xblast.505/

yeah i know, i have purchased a few 49lf080a a few months ago, i just had an issue with  flashing the CPLD, now that i have that figured out i think i should be good to go. im going to pull out my old willem programmer and get to flashing and test one of these out on a v1.4 xbox today.

• 6 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 5:42 AM, lilkuz2005 said:

hey guys, i read somewhere that its possible to flash an aladdin modchip with xblast using a nand-x, i have all the parts for this but i need a pinout for the nand-x to the aladdin to flash the CPLD, can anyone help me out with this? i tried to use my old flashcatusb but i couldn't get the chip to show up.

I am probably late, but you can flash CPLD with those cheap FT232R boards from aliexpress. You need to use OpenOCD or Openschemes SVF player (works only with svf files tho, no xsvf)