OGXbox.com

What Type of Adhesive Is Good To Reattach the Rubber Feet?

bulkchart32

I have used craft glue with good results - it was on special $1 from hardware store(Bunnings). It stuck the feet on good and I've been able to remove the feet again no issues so I'll use it again unless I find my double sided sticky tape which I recommend as a better solution.

thoughts on other glues:
rubber glue - (for home repairs) probably has best flexibility but never tried it. 
PVA / wood glue - seems similar to the craft glue i'm using
two part epoxy - too strong, I suspect it would damage the feet/plastic removing them, useful for permanent circuit board projects/repairs.
superglue(Cyanoacrylate) - too strong, probably damage feet. good for fixing something in seconds but with the running consistency of water its lethal for sticking fingers together (serious warning)
hot glue - only for non-flex hard materials (as you found), good for securing non-moving components&cables, easy to break off again when required.

I use an Evo-Stik glue product - I don't know if that is sold worldwide but it is a multi-purpose, solvent based, DIY impact adhesive. I'm certain there are many other equally suitable, similar alternatives. UHU also comes to mind.

https://diy.evo-stik.co.uk/product/impact-adhesive-tube

It makes a good bond initially which strengthens after about 24hrs. But the reason I think it quite suited for this purpose is that whilst it is strong it is not that difficult to pull the rubber feet away again if needed. The glue has a rubbery and still slightly sticky consistency afterwards so you can often get away with not having to re-apply it too. 

Edited by HDShadow

I've found the double sided tape I've used loses stickiness with age particularly if you're peeling the feet on/off quite often. Same problem with Blu-tak which hardens over time and also tends to stick bits to both surfaces which become difficult to clean off. 

But double sided tape is a certainly good short term solution.

What I actually do now is never peel the feet off entirely, just enough to expose the screw underneath.  

14 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I've found the double sided tape I've used loses stickiness with age particularly if you're peeling the feet on/off quite often.

Well, i used DST and i don't need to take the feets of ever again since i have made some nice round punch holes for the screws. Also i have used good quality tape from Tesa (Not sure if you can get those world wide? In germany, where i'm from, it' s very well known). Those DST from the "euro/dollar store" aren't that great in my opinion.