OGXbox.com

Revert Tsop'd 1.0 Back To Factory Bios

VCoupe376ci

So when I thought my only possibility for a hardmod in 2020 was an Alladin X2, I decided to TSOP my 1.0 Xbox. That went successfully and it has IND5003.67 which works fine. I then came across someone selling OpenXenium chips with more bells and whistles than Team Xodus released and picked up one. After installing everything and flashing with X2 5035, the TSOP is now doing nothing and I'd like to revert it back to stock however I cannot find anything about the process. Can anyone shed some light on how I need to proceed? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Did you do a backup when you originally softmodded your Xbox, you should have a copy of your retail bios in that folder? If not you can get a copy off of the net to match your Xbox’s bios size and kernel.

you can flash it with evox but it will need to be the correct size or you will brick it.
you will need to uninstall the chip or you will just end up flashing it to that.

why not just leave it as it is in case your modchip goes down.

I can not see any real reason to revert to the stock bios and if any thing it would be safer to keep it a nonstock BIOS in case of modchip failure.

but here is most of the stock BIOS files.

MS.rar 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, Ging3rguy said:

Did you do a backup when you originally softmodded your Xbox, you should have a copy of your retail bios in that folder? If not you can get a copy off of the net to match your Xbox’s bios size and kernel.

you can flash it with evox but it will need to be the correct size or you will brick it.
you will need to uninstall the chip or you will just end up flashing it to that.

why not just leave it as it is in case your modchip goes down.

On 6/14/2020 at 4:16 PM, SS_Dave said:

I can not see any real reason to revert to the stock bios and if any thing it would be safer to keep it a nonstock BIOS in case of modchip failure.

but here is most of the stock BIOS files.

MS.rar 1.69 MB · 0 downloads  

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the input. The reason was simply my OCD and that with the OpenXenium installed the TSOP is redundant being that Insignia will work on modded consoles when it is released. Strangely enough what you both suggested (modchip issue). For some reason a few days ago I was playing at night and all was well, but when I powered on the console the next morning, all of the RGB LED's including the one on the modchip itself stayed dark and the chip would not boot. Opening the console and removing and reseating the chip on the pinheader revived it. No clue why or how it happened and haven't had any issue before or after that, but in that instance the TSOP allowed me to play without pulling the console apart right then. Thank you both for the help!