OGXbox.com

XBox Not Booting and Making Weird Sound (Video Attached)

cursed92

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

On the Aladdin chips I link the BT to pin 2(ground) as this tells the chip to be always active, I also link the D0 from the board to ground and not to the chip.

47846571_aladdinbtlink.jpg.c12d16db2b5a670a9eded6b59e5a0f35.jpg

I recommend using the D0 point that's on the bottom of the board as it is a bigger spot to solder to

1420258271_Btpoints.PNG.07730d9790beb1a79550690c51242720.PNG

As you are thinking of removing the chip later run the D0 wire to the top of the board and solder to a ground on the top then when you remove the chip you can unsolder and insulate the wire without removing the board.

also buy some more pin headers that way you can unplug the chip and not risk damage  unsoldering the pin header.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

ok perfect what would be the difference if i dont sold the ground? i might even leave it in there as the chip is quite cheap (sorry for the pun xD)

1 minute ago, cursed92 said:

ok perfect what would be the difference if i dont sold the ground? i might even leave it in there as the chip is quite cheap (sorry for the pun xD)

Yes you are right the chips are cheap but I have only seen non working one's from bad flashes by the owner

If you are thinking of leaving the chip then link the D0 like in the pic.

And still link the BT to pin 2 as there is no need to use the stock BIOS.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:48 PM, SS_Dave said:

Yes you are right the chips are cheap but I have only seen non working one's from bad flashes by the owner

If you are thinking of leaving the chip then link the D0 like in the pic.

And still link the BT to pin 2 as there is no need to use the stock BIOS.

Cheers

SS Dave

I've just received the chip im gonna install it today and let you guys know if it fix the issue

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 8:02 AM, cursed92 said:

I've just received the chip im gonna install it today and let you guys know if it fix the issue

on a completely stock system,with the ide cable completely removed from the board, the xbox should boot with it's normal splash screen and and sit there for a moment after the animation has finished before it starts frag'ing and giving u an error code. if it still won't do those things then u have some kind of problem on the motherboard and i doubt a modchip will fix it. btw, that sound was definitely the hard drive but it could be from the board suddenly cutting off power to it. if u completely unhook the dvd/hdd and sit them to the side then they will have no effect on the initial splash animation. might wanna try that trouble shooting step before u modify anything.

Edited by bulkchart32