OGXbox.com

Component To Hdmi - Best Option?

I recently found my set of Monster Component Cables again for my OG Xbox, and I always remember loving the picture quality that came out of those cables. I had been using the Chimeric Systems HDMI adapter and have enjoyed it, but it seems to be producing these "visual" lines in the image that I'm unable to fix. (Shown in the picture below)

I was curious to know if there were any recommended component to HDMI adapters that would work well? I can't use component straight up as I no longer have an input source that has its own component cables, so going with HDMI is a necessity.

Thanks!

(Picture of the "line" issue whilst using the Chimeric Systems HDMI adapter. Screen brightness is due to the picture being a snapshot in between "fading to white" transitions.)

vlcsnap-2020-06-13-22h08m32s191.png

Edited by BloodyThunderX

The HDMI adaptor you have is regarded as one of the best.

I use a internal kit from N64 freak but I would not like to say it's going to fix you problem

The wii2hdmi kit and Xbox adaptor you and find around would be a step backward and the component to hdmi adaptors and on par with the wii2hdmi.

The only other option would be the OSSC unit.  What out put are you using PAL 50hz,60hz ,NTSC 480,720,1080 ?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

What version Xbox and have you tested a different Xbox with the same setup

And is the problem on a different screen with the same leads?

Whelp, turns out the issue is console related, sadly. My main machine is a 1.6b Xbox with a chip in it.

I had a Softmodded 1.0 that's lying around (doesn't get used because its still completely stock otherwise) and I don't notice the "line" issue on it. 

1.6b

image.png.718bfebf987cf16f8891735243077d81.png

image.png.cbbca2a570e90c9f802e08069bc24dbf.png

Edited by BloodyThunderX

1 hour ago, BloodyThunderX said:

Whelp, turns out the issue is console related, sadly. My main machine is a 1.6b Xbox with a chip in it.

I had a Softmodded 1.0 that's lying around (doesn't get used because its still completely stock otherwise) and I don't notice the "line" issue on it. 

1.6b

image.png.718bfebf987cf16f8891735243077d81.png

image.png.cbbca2a570e90c9f802e08069bc24dbf.png

The images are not working for me.

The version 1.6 has a different video chip and can cause problems with some games.

The version 1.0 xbox could be TSOP flashed with only a small amount of work as a TSOP flash will do the same job as a modchip.

Then you could unlock the drive in the 1.6 and fit it in the version 1.0.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

To TSOP the version 1.0 it need 2 links added to the main board and you can use conductive paint if you are not able to solder.

Where abouts are you located?

Cheers

SS Dave

If you where closed I would have sorted it for you but the post to Australia would be a killer.

Because the Xbox is already softmodded you are 1/2 way there.

you need to link the spots in the yellow box's to enable the TSOP writing

1183600015_version1tosp.thumb.jpg.a4d6ae8e7101cd4ddcd891eecba356dd.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave