OGXbox.com

Issues With Partition 7/ G

noizebee

Hey. I got a question.

I have a 1.4 xbox tsop flashed with the x2 5035 F&G bios file. All runs fine, but the g drive shows no files. I can copy files on this partition, delete it and so on.

With the x2 49.. Bios it shows all folders (hombrew, games etc)

But the x2 5035 will not show these files 🤔🤷‍♂️

Exactly the same happens with the ind 5004 bios.

What dashboard are you using you may need to edit the config file? In the F partition  you need to put games in a folder called games, emulators in a folder called emulators and so on.

What size is the partition, you could check the cluster size in xbpartitioner1.3  and make sure you don’t have ER for partition 7

Edited by Ging3rguy

I use Xbmc4gamers 

The partition 7 is over 320gb (use a 500gb sata hdd) 

The ini file works correctly and there is no (boot settings etc) 

In this partition were always Games, Emulators, hombrew games. 

Like i said, with the x2 49.. Bios for F and G it shows me this folders on G drive and xbmc4gamers scan this partition etc. 

The point is, i dont understand why? 

Its like the files are hidden with this x2 5035 bios. 

All other partitions (c, e, f, x, y, z) are working perfectly, i can see the files i copyed over ftp. But on the G drive... Nothing 😅

And, i want to use this bios for configurations. 

Edited by noizebee

Cluster size is 32.

But. Why it works with a older version of the X2 bios, why can i see the files and folders over ftp or when i boot up the hexen 2019 disk and use the file explorer? This is the thing i dont understand... 

By the way, testet with different dashs. 

I use Xblast

You can copy to the Xbox, Place it in a folder called bios on the C drive 

Or I use the netfalsh option as all Xbox's including ones I am working on are connected to my home network.

The .67 is a F and G bios

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, noizebee said:

Hey. I got a question.

I have a 1.4 xbox tsop flashed with the x2 5035 F&G bios file. All runs fine, but the g drive shows no files. I can copy files on this partition, delete it and so on.

With the x2 49.. Bios it shows all folders (hombrew, games etc)

But the x2 5035 will not show these files 🤔🤷‍♂️

Exactly the same happens with the ind 5004 bios.

Are you sure it's a 1.4 as that version has a 256kb TSOP chip and the X2-5035 is a 512kb BIOS.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If the BIOS that was on the Xbox did not support a G drive the the install software would not have partitioned it 

You could run a partition software from the install disk and allocate  space to G drive

Cheers

SS Dave

This is was the dash, every installer disk, xbox partitioner 1.3 and all other dashs show me. It doesn't matter what bios with f and g support i flash.... But only the newer (x2 and ind) bios files will hide the files already written on this g partition. I can access the g drive, write new files, delete files, start files... But only files i copy over after flashing the bios....

Picture is taken with running the x2 5035 67 from you. 

IMG20200612075254.jpg

41 minutes ago, noizebee said:

This is was the dash, every installer disk, xbox partitioner 1.3 and all other dashs show me. It doesn't matter what bios with f and g support i flash.... But only the newer (x2 and ind) bios files will hide the files already written on this g partition. I can access the g drive, write new files, delete files, start files... But only files i copy over after flashing the bios....

Picture is taken with running the x2 5035 67 from you. 

IMG20200612075254.jpg

How did you format your drive? I would reformat and just use the F partition with 32Kb clusters.

The partition table can exist either in BIOS only, or it can be written to the disk. In your case it seems like it may exist in BIOS only and needs to be written to the disk for the other BIOS to understand it. XBPartitioner can do this but you must use the old BIOS and make sure to write partition table only, don’t format the partitions. There’s a good chance something could go wrong though so I recommend taking a full backup beforehand (either imaging the entire disk or copying over the files via FTP).

It may also be that the partition on disk is wrong and in that case the partition table needs to be removed. The boot into old BIOS (and let it use partition table from BIOS) and write that partition table to disk, then boot new BIOS.

Also, if you write files when the partition table is wrong, it will corrupt the old data, it sounds like this may have happened so I hope you have a backup.

Edited by CorpusDeal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1