OGXbox.com

Need Some Advice On Modding a 1.0

bulkchart32

i am very strongly considering modding a v1.0 xbox. i want to install every official xbox game that was ever made onto it along with all the patches and dlc. i already have an alladin chip. can y'all give me a quick list of each item that i will need to do this mod and how big of an hdd will i need? thank u.

If it was mine I would flash the TSOP with the X2-5035-67 bios and it'a a 512kb size

With the Aladdin chip it's a 256kb size so the only one I know of the will work with a 2tb hard drive is the IND 4003.67 bios

A 2tb hard drive will hold well over 800 Xbox games and the biggest hard drive is a 3tb but the Xbox will only use 2.2tb of it.

I use the WD black 2tb drives or the Seagate 2tb are ok as well if you get the power saver WD green I would suggeset running the WDidle3 program to turn of the power save and get a Startech IDE2SAT2 adaptor with an 80way IDE cable.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

11 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If it was mine I would flash the TSOP with the X2-5035-67 bios and it'a a 512kb size

With the Aladdin chip it's a 256kb size so the only one I know of the will work with a 2tb hard drive is the IND 4003.67 bios

A 2tb hard drive will hold well over 800 Xbox games and the biggest hard drive is a 3tb but the Xbox will only use 2.2tb of it.

I use the WD black 2tb drives or the Seagate 2tb are ok as well if you get the power saver WD green I would suggeset running the WDidle3 program to turn of the power save and get a Startech IDE2SAT2 adaptor with an 80way IDE cable.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

is there no way to get all games on a single hdd with all updates and dlc?

Edited by bulkchart32

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I have a 2tb with 800 odd Xbox games and 70gig of emulators and from memory there is 30 odd gig free.

Cheers

SS Dave

will the alladin ship flash the tsop or what? do u recommend another chip?

If you boot the Xbox from a mod chip you can not flash the TSOP.

The Aladdin chip is a basic chip and it's a simple to use chip

The other chip I would suggest is the Open Xenium as you can add a display to the Xbox to display the fan speed,CPU temp,Mother Board temp, ant that sort of thing.

also the Open Xenium has 1024kb of storage for the BIOS files so you could have 4 X 256kb BIOS's or 2 X 256kb and a 512kb BIOS files.

IMG_20200314_121205.thumb.jpg.e932ea729de367f235b5677068bd9948.jpg

The TSOP in a version 1.0 - 1.1 is a 1024kb(1 meg) and you can add a switch to select between 2 different BIOS files.

Confused now?

Cheers

SS Dave

Most of the Xbox's I setup the owner just want's to hit the power button the select a game and play. So for that sort of person I flash the TSOP on the version 1.0 -1.4 (Flashing the TSOP is the same as a modchip) and for the version 1.6 Xbox I fit an Aladdin modchip.

If the owner likes to experiment or want's to add a display then I fit an Open Xenium.

Cheers

SS Dave

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Most of the Xbox's I setup the owner just want's to hit the power button the select a game and play. So for that sort of person I flash the TSOP on the version 1.0 -1.4 (Flashing the TSOP is the same as a modchip) and for the version 1.6 Xbox I fit an Aladdin modchip.

If the owner likes to experiment or want's to add a display then I fit an Open Xenium.

Cheers

SS Dave

Is there an option to install display while using TSOP?

Yes there is a modded Aladdin modchip that was designed  by a member here that can display the same info.

But by the time you make that up you might as well fit a Open Xenium.

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

i've heard softmods set their own dates. will a modchiped xbox be able to keep a current date so that i can keep up with save files?

The Time and Date retention is the job of the clock cap if the power is unplugged and nothing to do with the way it is modded.

All my Xbox's and even the ones I work on are connected to the home network and automatically set the clock via the internet time server.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 6/10/2020 at 6:52 AM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

how long does the ide cable need to be?

4 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

how long does the ide cable need to be?

The original IDE cable is 21 inch

I have seen a 18 inch 80 way IDE cable fitted  but its a tight fit and messy looking.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The original IDE cable is 21 inch

I have seen a 18 inch 80 way IDE cable fitted  but its a tight fit and messy looking.

Cheers

SS Dave

does this look like a good parts list?

1.PNG

3 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

does this look like a good parts list?

1.PNG

That will work well.

The only thing is I would look for a 7200 rpm hard drive but is not 100% necessary. 

I wish I could buy it that cheap here

In australia the Startech is $45 the IDE lead is about $25 and with the WD 2tb blue costing $99 plus postage.

Cheers

SS Dave

Just now, SS_Dave said:

That will work well.

The only thing is I would look for a 7200 rpm hard drive but is not 100% necessary. 

I wish I could buy it that cheap here

In australia the Startech is $45 the IDE lead is about $25 and with the WD 2tb blue costing $99 plus postage.

Cheers

SS Dave

i didn't think the og xbox could use the extra speed that a 7200rpm drive would give? will it?

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Probably not on booting but maybe a slight increase in access of lots of small files.

Cheers

SS Dave

did i have everything i need in that screenshot or am i missing anything? i already have an alladin chip and pin header.

No that all the hardware covered

Have you got a install disk? if not you need to download one and burn to a blank DVD-r at the slowest the writer will go.

Cheers

SS Dave

14 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

No that all the hardware covered

Have you got a install disk? if not you need to download one and burn to a blank DVD-r at the slowest the writer will go.

Cheers

SS Dave

i do not have an install disk. which one would u recommend? what is it used for?

I use Slayers 2.7 as I found it doesnt put any crap on the hard drive like the hexen 2018,19 does although I have been told that has been fixed in the TruHeXEn 2020 that I put in the download section.

The Install disk is to format the hard drive and install a operating system (Dashboard) on the hard drive...

Cheers

SS Dave

6 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I use Slayers 2.7 as I found it doesnt put any crap on the hard drive like the hexen 2018,19 does although I have been told that has been fixed in the TruHeXEn 2020 that I put in the download section.

The Install disk is to format the hard drive and install a operating system (Dashboard) on the hard drive...

Cheers

SS Dave

is there an install disk that makes the game library look like the old xbox live 1.0 arcade?

1 hour ago, bulkchart32 said:

is there an install disk that makes the game library look like the old xbox live 1.0 arcade?

Not that I am aware of I would suggest you look at the XBMC4Gamers it's on the 2020 hexen and for emulators look at the coinops or ninja massive (approx 80 gig).

As you are using a 2tb hard drive you will need to reflash the BIOS The IND5003.67 what I would put in the Aladdin.

iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin

Cheers

SS Dave