OGXbox.com

Hexen Tools

Hello, I'm new here on this forum but not new in modding xbox's 🙂 I just received the Pound interface to connect an HDMI cable to the original XBOX, but XMBC doesn't let me change the resolution to 720p. I know I need the Hexen Tools to do this, but as a newbie here, I have no access (yet) to the download 😞 a pitty.... 

4 hours ago, Stimpy777 said:

Hello, I'm new here on this forum but not new in modding xbox's 🙂 I just received the Pound interface to connect an HDMI cable to the original XBOX, but XMBC doesn't let me change the resolution to 720p. I know I need the Hexen Tools to do this, but as a newbie here, I have no access (yet) to the download 😞 a pitty.... 

Send the Pound cable back for a full refund and get a decent component cable or fit a wii2hdmi internal kit or better yet get one of the N64 freak internal HDMI kits.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hi SS_Dave, it's a PAL one with an Excuter modchip installed... I thought the Pound IF could have been a good solution to upscale but apparently I'm not that well informed 🙂 Want to get to most out of this box, which is great with XBMC! I'm some kinda lost in all these possibilities... What's about the wii2hdmi kit or the N64 kit you suggest?

The Kit I use is a internal fitted one.

The cheapest is the wii2hdmi like the one below

IMG_20200612_071530.thumb.jpg.b1b01c451e53a856e07b71b2cb933460.jpg

The one I prefer is the N64 freak's version as below.

IMG_20200612_071737.thumb.jpg.c0a55413565c36c5446c614b42ed5c45.jpg

Both replace the stock AV port and with a 3d printed cover look like this.

IMG_20200612_194220.thumb.jpg.554af3030fd4cb794308e877d26d2649.jpg

Both sample the component video signal (Red,Green,Blue) and convert to HDMI and neither upscale the video.

The wii2hdmi samples the left/right analog audio where as the N64 freak's version uses the digital audio signal that is added to the HDMI

You do need to change the video output to NTSC and set 480,720 output and it is not recommended to use 1080 as it consumes most of the ram and that leaves nothing for the games.

Both kits require a above average soldering skills to fit but I think it is 100% worth it as the end result looks almost factory from the back panel.

There is one downside and that's the chimp clone program will not work but for me that is not a problem.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...