OGXbox.com

Swapping Hard Drives and Hard Drive Keys.

alfredo2

I own quite a few original xbox consoles and I am currently in the process of having them all modded. I want them to all have the same save files and be able to switch each hard drive to another console if needed.

Using configmagic, I have a little problem with the unique hdd keys and current hdd unlock password. I can change the unique hdd keys so all my xboxs match but I can not change the current hdd unlock password (I hear its generated by a combination of things).  

I want to be able to mix and match hard drives. How do I get around this so that all the keys match on all my consoles?  

I know there is a program to null the keys but some of my gamesaves I believe are signed by the unique hard drive key so I would like the unique hdd to remain the same. 

Hopefully there is something I'm missing.

The HDDKey is used to generate the locking password.  This computed password will be unique to each different hard drive.  These passwords do not / will not match only the HDDKey stored in all the different Xboxs' configuration EEPROMs have to match to be able to move hard drives between them all.

TSOP flash the 1.0-1.4 Xbox's and fit a modchip to the 1.6 Xbox's or Chip all of them then you can use the hard drives unlocked and freely swap the hard drives between the Xbox's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The HDDKey is used to generate the locking password.  This computed password will be unique to each different hard drive.  These passwords do not / will not match only the HDDKey stored in all the different Xboxs' configuration EEPROMs have to match to be able to move hard drives between them all.

Thanks for the reply. 

So I should only worry about the unique hdd key, the current hdd lock password doesn't matter? 

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

TSOP flash the 1.0-1.4 Xbox's and fit a modchip to the 1.6 Xbox's or Chip all of them then you can use the hard drives unlocked and freely swap the hard drives between the Xbox's.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I would like to have the hard drives locked so I can still access the ms dash. 

Thanks for the replies everyone.

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Thanks for the reply. 

So I should only worry about the unique hdd key, the current hdd lock password doesn't matter? 

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

In the pic I posted the blue screen was booting Xblast from a OpenXenium and the other is booting X2.5035.67 from the same OpenXenium and it loads straight to the M$ dash on that drive anyway.

Cheers

SS Dave

8 hours ago, alfredo2 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

Not sure if you are using a TSOP, mod chip or softmod on all of your Xboxs or a combination. Just make sure that any softmodded boxes have locked hdds. You can still access the ms dashboard on any of these options.

3 hours ago, alfredo2 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies, the consoles are all hardmodded. 

I think I am going to go with nulling the hard drive keys.

If all the Xbox's are hard modded I would not lock the hard drives and not null the hard drive key as with the new version of Xbox live that's in the pipeline a Nulled xbox will not work.

Cheers

SS Dave