OGXbox.com

Issues With Fatal Frame 2 & Call of Cthulhu

Nviten

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for all the great resources on this site, was able to figure out issues with games like JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, Voodoo Vince and more. 

I'm still having issues with 2 games on my list that I was dying to play - Fatal Frame 2 & Call of Cthulhu. I've tried different Bios' different launchers, launching the game in different resolutions, multiple downloads and more. Next thing I'd like to try is applying an ACL patch using DVD2xbox, but I can't locate the ACL file needed to do this without burning. Eventually I'll try that if nothing else works... 

Running an X3 chip on the latest bios on XBMC from a 1.6 Xbox for context. 

Does anyone have any advice or the ACL files I need to run these games? I think they're trying to access specific assets from the DVD drive, they keep freezing at the exact same point Everytime I load it up. 

Edited by Nviten

Finally I can reply again... :)

Thanks for your help guys. I ended up burning a copy of FF2 and ripping it to the HDD using DVD2xbox. It had an error moving 4 files on, but I manually placed them in after the transfer was completed via FTP. Doesn't freeze at the title screen anymore. 

@KaosEngineerWasn't able to find both titles in the attached document but I appreciate the help on here and on reddit. I'm just going to create another XISO for call of cthulhu and rip it to my Hard drive. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, Nviten said:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for all the great resources on this site, was able to figure out issues with games like JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, Voodoo Vince and more. 

I'm still having issues with 2 games on my list that I was dying to play - Fatal Frame 2 & Call of Cthulhu. I've tried different Bios' different launchers, launching the game in different resolutions, multiple downloads and more. Next thing I'd like to try is applying an ACL patch using DVD2xbox, but I can't locate the ACL file needed to do this without burning. Eventually I'll try that if nothing else works... 

Running an X3 chip on the latest bios on XBMC from a 1.6 Xbox for context. 

Does anyone have any advice or the ACL files I need to run these games? I think they're trying to access specific assets from the DVD drive, they keep freezing at the exact same point Everytime I load it up. 

What was wrong with JSRF, PD, Voodoo Vince? I'm in the process of fixing bad dumps from the hdd ready set that is floating about using Extracted Redump images.  

Edited by krisk77
  • Like 1

They're well known examples of the games which, when using 480p on a v1.6 Xbox (Xcalibur Video chip) will have display issues if you don't use an appropriate loader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZzFDJrN7W8

If you're wanting to create a universal HDD ready download set of such games then it would indeed be useful project because the loaders required for the v1.6, once applied, means they will still work on all other Xbox versions too.

NB. as Rocky5 points out in that YT video/accompanying notes there are a few games for which there is no known working v1.6 480p loader. 

• Thanks 1