OGXbox.com

Converting Og Games Downloaded On XBox 360 for Use On Og Hardware

chipsnapper

So I've figured out how to get games downloaded on a 360 to work on a real Xbox. You might be interested in this if you get the Games With Gold titles, since they've had some pretty good ones in the past like Mercenaries and some of the Star Wars games, and Destroy All Humans is available right now.

Do note that since we're dealing with Xbox 360 Marketplace here, the only real way to get these onto your console is through buying and downloading them, so Piracy really isn't a thing here.

To begin, you will need two Xbox 360 tools: GOD2ISO and velocity-master. You'll also need a USB drive big enough to hold your game. You'll also have to enable the "show hidden files" setting in Windows Explorer.

Start by copying the game to your USB drive from the Dashboard.

Plug the drive into your PC. Go to Content > 0000000000000000 and you will see several folders. I've attached a picture of Halo 1's folder layout. Open that extensionless file in GOD2ISO and save a place to save your ISO file. Then use Velocity to extract your ISO to a new folder.

From there, you should be able to FTP the folder over to your Xbox and play the game.

halo1.PNG

• Like 5

On 6/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, chipsnapper said:

Do note that since we're dealing with Xbox 360 Marketplace here, the only real way to get these onto your console is through buying and downloading them, so Piracy really isn't a thing here.

In it's hayday a lot of XBLA content was available on the internet. Why wouldn't those work on the xbox original? I guess they are modified to work with JTAG x360 or some other modifications that make them different from the original content, but don't understand why that would matter for the xbox original.

2 hours ago, tadsz said:

In it's hayday a lot of XBLA content was available on the internet. Why wouldn't those work on the xbox original? I guess they are modified to work with JTAG x360 or some other modifications that make them different from the original content, but don't understand why that would matter for the xbox original.

I guess he just wanted to mark that he is not a pirate

On 6/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ccub said:

I guess he just wanted to mark that he is not a pirate

Since I don't have any pirated copies of XBLA games I cannot refute the claim that it wouldn't work. Was just curious because it was specifically mentioned.