OGXbox.com

Right Bios for Super Aladdin Live Modchip

Mirco-bee

I"m seeking advice on upgrading the Bios on my original Xbox due a larger hard drive installed which also needs a 32k cluster size. Therefore I'm after a better and known BIOS which has LBA48 (+137GB) and only enables partition6 (f:).  

Xbox info (Known)

• Console model: v1 (0a)
  • Mod chip: Super Aladdin Live
  • Hard drive WD 500GB (PATA) *NOS
  • DVD: Thomson (yuck!) so little luck making it boot CD/DVDs
  • Kernel Version: 1.0.4981.6 
  • Current Bios: Unknown - possibility custom (Xecuter2  4981)

Currently the xbox HD is formatted 16k cluster size and I am experiencing issues in relation to this and want it to be 32k. 

When I run XBPartitioner to correct this, it displays:

!! Warning !!
LBA 48 info not found! Custom Partitions will not work with this BIOS
Update your BIOS to one which support at LBA48 version 2

Therefore I just need a more recent bios with LBA48 v2+ that also keeps other feature like In Game Reset (IGR)  
Which is why I'm asking this question to you.

From my research I've learnt that for BIOS that enables partition #6 is labelled as x.06 for both partitions #6 and #7 is x.67. I've read that Aladdin (mod chips) will only take 256k (default). 

Inside the xbox is the Super Aladdin Live and know little about chip size or amount of banks  as only I've found was on the knightdiscount website.

Since my xbox possible has Xecuter2 4981, thought these would be go choice:  
Xecuter2 4983 however after looking at:

All I know if I flash the wrong bios I'll have to re-flash it with hardware I just don't have.
Thanks in advance!

Hi, yes you will need a 256Kb bios, if you use a .67 you can you use xbpartitioner1.3 to choose what partition sizes you want for F & G the cluster size will be 32Kb. If you dvd drive is working you can just use hexen to flash the mod chip, otherwise you will need to ftp the files to your hdd and flash it with evolutionX dashboard or xblast OS. Mario has a YouTube video for upgrading your hdd.

make sure you use a bios for a 1.0-1.5.

Edited by Ging3rguy
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for confirming the 256k size and offering your suggestions to use:
  • ND5004.67.bin
  • X2-5035-67.bin  
It looks like I should go for the x.67 even if I only plan to use partition6 (F:). 

When doing these changes I don't want to relying on the DVD drive as I just can't get it to boot those Utility CDs (ie Hexen) and I've tried lots of media and burning speeds. Therefore I'm happy to use the evolutionX menu to select the BIOS I want to  flash.

I'm guessing for some setups (possibly mine) that the dashboard is installed on Partition6 (F:) so if I format that drive I'll lose my default dashboard (ie Unleashx). Therefore I thought I'll need to edit a config file or reinstall my default dashboard on Partition1 (E:) to avoid any issues. If such a configuration file exist for what default dashboard it loads where does that exist?

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

So for you Aladdin use the IND 5004.67

I happened to read on another thread a post from KaosEngineer

On 4/25/2019 at 4:25 PM, KaosEngineer said:

However, many of the latest BIOSes; Evox M8 and M8plus, X2 4981 and 4983, iND-BiOS 5003 and 5004; support reading a partition table written by XBPartitioner v1.3 from the hard drive to set custom sizes for the extended partitions that override the built-in LBA48 default settings.

I see for iND 5004.67, I just need to use XBPartitioner to make partition6 (F:) take up the remaining space after all standard xbox partitions.

However as I've stated if I format F: drive after flashing the BIOS it may affect the booting to default dashboard (UnleashX) on F: therefore is there anyway to move/configure them to partition1 (E:) beforehand.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

In the IND config file you can set the location of the boot file 

Nice so after I re-flash the BIOS using very recent Hexen (loaded from e:) which I believe has the iND 5004 it by default put that ind-bios.cfg in parition0 (c:)?

After that I can tweak the ind-bios.cfg file to source the dashboard from E:\

2 hours ago, Mirco-bee said:

Nice so after I re-flash the BIOS using very recent Hexen (loaded from e:) which I believe has the iND 5004 it by default put that ind-bios.cfg in parition0 (c:)?

After that I can tweak the ind-bios.cfg file to source the dashboard from E:\

That's correct  and if the config is not on the c drive copy it  there.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I am king of new at XBox modding. I have install my Aladdin mod chip and installed a 2TB HDD but I get the LBA error. How do I upgrade the Bios and where can I find the Bios file? I think I found it here:

But I can't seem to be able to download it. I get the message : Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file.!!

Any help would be appreciated :)

12 minutes ago, x6661313 said:

Ok. My question then is where can I download the Bios file for my Aladdin XT + 4032 that supports LBA32 V2 in order to support 2TB HDD and how do I flash it?

For the Aladdin Chip it takes a 256kb BIOS

You can use the iND5004.67 or a EvoxM8plus.67 both are LBA48 and support up to a 3tb, if the Modchip is in a Version 1.6 use the EvoxM8plus.67

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ng8g2zsgi10sm/Raincoat flash.rar?dl=0

This contains the Raincoat flash program and the BIOS files. 

Unzip and FTP to you Xbox then navigate to it using Explorer and run the default.xbe

I would suggest you use the Evox_m8+_67-NO-DVD as it work on all version of Xbox's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.