OGXbox.com

XEcuter 3 Installation Tutorial (Rev 1.02)

xicat487

7 hours ago, xicat487 said:

Came across a X3 box with LCD ad BIOS bank switches. The problem is the clock Cap leaked. I want to move it to a known good motherboard but the LPC wiring to the chip differs from this link. https://team-xecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin1015.htm

Is this the most up to date install manual  for a X3 chip ?

How's the wiring differ?  All pins of Xbox LPC ports get connected to the same signals.  For 1.6 Xbox's, you have to reconnect the signals to the pins since MS removed the signal connections to them.

There's another tutorial showing you how to install the X3 modchip into a 1.6 Xbox

https://team-xecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm

Pin #3 LFRAME# - I don't believe it's used by X3 modchip (MS removed this signal's connection from the MCPX chip to the port for 1.3-1.5 consoles)

Pin #5 LRESET# - ??? I don't think the modchip needs a connection to this signal.

Pin #12 Ground - same as pin #2.  Ground is ground once you have one connected you don't really need another for the modchip to work properly.

Pin #4 Not present on 1.0-1.5 consoles (1.6 power control signal - ground and the console will turn on / off - no connection necessary for the modchip to function) 

Pin #16 SERIRQ signal only present on v1.0 consoles. Not needed for modchip operation.

Edit: Pin #15 3.3Vdc - same as pin #9. 

• Like 1