OGXbox.com

XBox 1.4 Aladdin XT Plus2 Install

Allcali

No.  IIRC, the Aladdin modchip doesn't support a LAN activity light - that's a Team Xecuter X3 feature. 

It can do something to show hard drive (or simply IDE bus activity) on the front panel Eject ring LED but it is an optional feature. 

It does not have to be connected for the modchip to function.

You only need to install the pin header, connect the D0 pad of the modchip to the D0 point on the v1.4 motherboard and either bridge the BT pad to ground (pin 2 of the quick solder area of the modchip is convenient) for always-on operation.

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

Or, connect it to the power button signal conditioning resistor near the front panel connector on the motherboard.  If you connect to the power button signal, a short power button tap boots the console with the modchip disabled.  A long (> 1 second) power button press is required to power on the console with the modchip enabled.

Aladdin_XT_plus.jpg

NO you do not have to all it does is flash the eject led when the HDD or LAN is in use..

For the Aladdin chip I wire the BT to pin 2(ground) and not to the power button as that makes the chip always active

47846571_aladdinbtlink.jpg.c12d16db2b5a670a9eded6b59e5a0f35.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

15 minutes ago, Allcali said:

I’m using a Hyperkin Panorama hd cable

That's you problem that cable is no better that the Pound HDMI POS(piece of shit) chuck it in the bin and try a component cable.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Not that you have a Pound HD Link cable; however, Pound had problem with some v1.4 consoles doing weird things with their HDMI cable.

IIRC, their suggested fix was to replace the filtering capacitors on the motherboard next to the CPU heatsink and PSU connector (for some motherboards there are 3 and others have 5 3300uF 6.3Vdc 105 degree C rated ultra-low ESR electrolytic capacitors.  And, with their newer version which supports being powered via a USB cable, do so.

Edit: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Here's a review by Adam Koralik on YouTube:

In that video I could see the screen flicker that I got it was not as bad as what I was getting with the Pound cable but once you see it you can't help but notice it and I had recapped the Xbox and it made no difference.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yeah, I watched Pound Technology's YouTube video again and there still did not seem to be a definitive solution to problems with certain Xbox consoles and their HD Link cable.

Personally go with @Kekule's  HDMI VIDEO ADAPTER available in limited supply (sells out quickly each week when new stock is listed) from his website chimericsystems.com

$50.00 w/o TOSLink Optical digital audio out. I'm not sure of the price with TOSLink optical digital audio output none are currently available to try to add a cable and TOSLink option. 

Note: The cable passes digital audio through the HDMI port to the TV.  Some TV's have an optical TOSLink output port to connect to an external surround sound hi-fi system.

From the product description page: Optional TOSLINK footprint coming soon! 

Don' know what the TOSLink add-on is.  Thought it was the new format but don't see any other picture showing just a separate add-on item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Don' know what the TOSLink add-on is.  Thought it was the new format but don't see any other picture showing just a separate add-on item.

I modified the baord to allow for a TOSLINK transmitter to be added... I change $5 more to add the transmitter to the board... they are available now with the HDMI adapters