OGXbox.com

Using a Usa Xbox In England

jhark

If you're going to spend that sort of money on an admittedly decent sounding bit of kit you have the more obvious solution of buying a UK/EU Xbox instead. You should be able to get a working one in good condition for £30 - £40 possibly much less, around half what you're paying for that transformer.

Most UK TVs have been NTSC external device friendly for decades so even if you do go down the transformer route you won't have to change your Xbox's region. If by some unfortunate bad luck the TV is not NTSC compliant you can region swap to PAL and use PAL60. That's only 480i/60Hz of course but, in theory, it is better than NTSC's 480i/60Hz. It won't be as good as Component 480p but if you're forced to use SD/PAL the TV will almost certainly support RGB SCART so for a few pounds for the cable you'll get get the best SD picture quality from the Xbox possible.

Thanks, for the help.

I'm sending a unit to a friend in London, He is getting the converter locally. If you buy a cheap one you may not get a good long term solution. I suggested 500 watt and he went for 1000 watt.

well that will last along time, it's not being stressed.

I looked at the circuit boards on the xbox psu's and they all say like 127v 50/60hz  so I guess his purchase will work just fine.

6 hours ago, jhark said:

Thanks, for the help.

I'm sending a unit to a friend in London, He is getting the converter locally. If you buy a cheap one you may not get a good long term solution. I suggested 500 watt and he went for 1000 watt.

well that will last along time, it's not being stressed.

I looked at the circuit boards on the xbox psu's and they all say like 127v 50/60hz  so I guess his purchase will work just fine.

I would suggest he change the Xbox PSU to suit the power supply for his country.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.