OGXbox.com

XBox Dev Kit Video Teardown

Decided I would tear down my dev kit because there was a rattling noise inside of it and I wanted to see its guts.  The rattling turned out to be the GPU fan, and I decided I should film its guts for everyone to see.  Now if you don't have one, or don't want to open the one you've got, you can see inside, too!  Pictures will come if I ever get a decent camera.

If anyone has a Raptor card I can pair with it, please send me a PM.  I don't actually know anything about developing games for the xbox, but I'd like to have a full kit in case I ever do start developing.  I also might be willing to sell this to someone that wants to use it for its intended purpose.  It's pretty worthless as a collectors item because it has no code on it, has a prominent cosmetic defect, and has been opened.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 11:44 PM, ttsgeb said:

If anyone has a Raptor card I can pair with it, please send me a PM.

Did you check ebay? There's one there. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-Development-Raptor-PCI-card-Dvd-Emulator/392452485313

Thinking about getting it to pair with my DVT4. Although mine didn't come with the dvt4's hard drive caddy... so I need to figure out how to secure those extra boards in place. The last person to work on it seemed to struggle (bent fins on the top metal cage, cracks,

On 5/29/2020 at 11:44 PM, ttsgeb said:

I also might be willing to sell this to someone that wants to use it for its intended purpose.

Sent you a PM.