OGXbox.com

Acceptable Tempratures for Cpu/Gpu

Enemy Ai

It depends what dashboard you're talking about.

Evox is useless, it tends to report a consistent and consistently high temperature, on my v1.6 it seems to like 64C for some reason.

UnleashX is better - on a v1.6 the CPU and MB temperatures are suspiciously, consistently identical. On earlier version Xboxes there's a distinct differences in those temperatures and the CPU is reported consistently at around 10% higher. Currently ambient temperature here is 27C and I've just stressed my v1.1 a little and let it settle down again and it is showing CPU 49C and MB 44C. That's with x2 fan setting.

XBMC - I've just switched over the v1.1 to XBMC as an app and that is immediately reporting the same temperatures as UnleashX but with auto temperature control I can hear the fan is at its 10% (minimum), a quarter of the UnleashX dash fan speed, with a 50C target temp yet the reported temperatures are dropping as I write this. Five minutes on: CPU 42C and GPU 46C.

If I do the same test with same fan setting etc on the v1.6 UnleashX is showing CPU 56C and MB 56C whilst swapping from that to XBMC and letting it stablise: CPU 46C to 47C and GPU 35C, surprisingly, significantly lower.

What is certain is that 75C report from any dash and fan setting is far too high no matter what the ambient temperature.

Edited by HDShadow