OGXbox.com

XBoX Blinks Three Times Green and Then Green and Red

Ivan GR

1 hour ago, Falcon639 said:

That could mean a dead xbox, did the seller test it before you received it?

Whats happening to your xbox is called Frag'ing (Flashing red and green).

Hope this helps.

Seller sell xbox as not working.

It's can be fix?

Also i disassembling xbox and see on motherboard this connector (first photo), this connector means this xbox was be chiped? (i think seller remove modchip and sell it to me xbox without modchip)? also on back side motherboard i see wire (second photo), for what this wire? for modchip? 

eO090e2.jpg

98nYRlu.jpg

Edited by Ivan GR

Sounds like a dead hard drive.

It may have been hard modded at one time then the modchip was removed and the console softmodded.  But, the hard drive has died.

Edit: from the wiring on the back, they never completed the LPC rebuild required for a 1.6 console for the modchip to work.  They gave up on the modchip install then softmodded it.

• Like 1

What happens if you boot the Xbox with the DVD and hard drive disconnected it should still give the boot animation and a error code 7.

If not they may have cut the LFrame trace .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you boot the Xbox with the DVD and hard drive disconnected it should still give the boot animation and a error code 7.

when i boot xbox on TV no signal (without hdd and dvdrom or with hdd and dvdrom, no difference).

Edited by Ivan GR

This is from a list of error codes I have

Green/Red Flashing
Problem: The Xbox will restart twice, and then flash red and green.

This is known as the FRAG and can be caused by many reasons. Typically when you receive this error you will not have any video. Possible reasons you may get this is a bad bios image, a bad bios chip, the Nvidia MCPX chip is damaged, broken/damaged traces or solder splashes on the motherboard.

I would have a good to see if the LFrame trace has been touched.

270647973_XboxLframe.jpg.529306f02a970fbd29403191c52321bc.jpg

I would also like to see what's under the hot melt glue and why the wire is there.

But if the seller told you it was working then put it back together and get your money back if the seller sold it not working you probably have some spare parts like Ram,Power supply, Maybe a DVD drive.

Like I said on FB you could try a modchip but looking at the motherboard now I don't think that's going to help.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ivan GR said:

This chip compatible with xbox v 1.6?

STNRfsm.png

Yes that chip should work it  looks like aladdin chip so it should have a compatible BIOS preflashed and you are better off soldering a pin header to the mod chip.

I would link the BT to pin 2 of the LPC (ground) to make the chip always active. Like this

STNRfsm.png.9c3ec629d9e78afc2e144a397a053d41.png

You will also need to do a LPC rebuild and this is how I wire it.

1800101078_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.851e5d43c7bf935b2c66ead63cfd64c2.jpg

And you can see a spot I have marked D0 that gets connected to the D0 point on the modchip or you can cut the LFrame trace like in this pic instead of using the D0.

270647973_XboxLframe.jpg.b5cfc5a9d67a1ce533a0542a7fb48079.jpg

In this pic it shows LFRAME to modchip do not do this.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes that chip should work it  looks like aladdin chip so it should have a compatible BIOS preflashed and you are better off soldering a pin header to the mod chip.

I would link the BT to pin 2 of the LPC (ground) to make the chip always active. Like this

STNRfsm.png.9c3ec629d9e78afc2e144a397a053d41.png

You will also need to do a LPC rebuild and this is how I wire it.

1800101078_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.851e5d43c7bf935b2c66ead63cfd64c2.jpg

And you can see a spot I have marked D0 that gets connected to the D0 point on the modchip or you can cut the LFrame trace like in this pic instead of using the D0.

270647973_XboxLframe.jpg.b5cfc5a9d67a1ce533a0542a7fb48079.jpg

In this pic it shows LFRAME to modchip do not do this.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks for info, i ordered this modchip. I hope when i install it, my xbox will be work.