OGXbox.com

Question About Adjusting a New Laser On a Phillips Drive

bulkchart32

i found some new lasers for phillips drives and bought some. these were brand new because i had to desolder the esd protection solder points on it. i replaced the laser in a drive that would not work at all and now it is working. however, it won't read any disks that have any kind of serious damage. my old samsung and hitachi will play them fine but they have to be almost perfect for my phillips to read them. i have heard about how phillips turn the laser strength down in an attempt to prevent the from reading cd-r disks(fyi, i'm only trying to read official xbox disks). my question is, should i adjust the pots on this new laser so that the laser is stronger? i've heard that will shorten the life of the laser but i'm wondering if they were even turned up high enough in the 1st place?

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Try one and if it makes no difference put it back in the same spot as that one was the CD and then the other is the DVD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

didn't know that is why it has 2 different adjustments? do 1 is for dvd and 1 is for cd?