OGXbox.com

Error 9 and Frag'ing

bulkchart32

is it possible for a bad power supply to cause an error 9 on a v1.3? i can't find anything wrong with the board and have tried a known good ide cable on it. google say 9 is a rare error about the system communicating with the hdd. i can't find any other problem with it and i can here the hdd making it's normal early 2000's hdd clattering sounds(except not quite as many as a functioning xbox). i don't have another 1.3 psu to test it with so that is why i am asking.

From my list of codes

Service Error 09:
Info: Hard Disk parameters (PIO/DMA/or size). Certain minimum size is required for a debug BIOS. According to llamma.com, error code 09 means "Xbox motherboard is having trouble communicating with the Hard Drive...this is probably due to an ATA controller on the motherboard and not due to the hard drive itself." When the error screen appears, the light around the eject button flashes red instead of green. The disc tray will not open and the system will not boot up at all. You could also have corrupt EEPROM settings. Solution(s): Make sure the jumper is on cable select (the new hard drives have many different options that you can choose depending on the way you set the jumper ..so just check it ,make sure someone didn't get confused. Try replacing the IDE cable. Get EEPROM backup

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

From my list of codes

Service Error 09:
Info: Hard Disk parameters (PIO/DMA/or size). Certain minimum size is required for a debug BIOS. According to llamma.com, error code 09 means "Xbox motherboard is having trouble communicating with the Hard Drive...this is probably due to an ATA controller on the motherboard and not due to the hard drive itself." When the error screen appears, the light around the eject button flashes red instead of green. The disc tray will not open and the system will not boot up at all. You could also have corrupt EEPROM settings. Solution(s): Make sure the jumper is on cable select (the new hard drives have many different options that you can choose depending on the way you set the jumper ..so just check it ,make sure someone didn't get confused. Try replacing the IDE cable. Get EEPROM backup

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i tried replacing the ide cable. what should i try next?

If it was on my test bench I would fit a mod chip then try a know good hard drive.

You could try a different hard drive and see if it has a different error code (error 6) error 6 is can not unlock hdd

Cheers

SS Dave