OGXbox.com

Hi Everybody

A quick hello from the latest joiner.  Great to find that the OGXbox community is still so active.  I was really into various console modding some 20yrs ago, and just dusted off my old v1.4 xbox to play some old emulators with my son.  Typically 3 days in the hdd appears to have packed up, so a new one is now in the post & I'm looking forwards to tinkering again.

Hello xbox_paul

Welcome to ogxbox.com

If you haven't yet check the clock cap as they leak and the power filter caps near the 20 pin power connector also fail 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Typically a few clink/clonks happened, and now I've been having HDD issues.  I've re-formatted the F:\ partition to no avail, and no matter what I've tried I just can't see any available storage for the partition.  I'm also having temperamental issues with the E:\ partition too.  New HDD was ordered and just awaiting my SATA2IDE adaptor before I swap drives out.

• 1 month later...

Quick update. Went with a 750GB HDD, which has now been added in.  After some minor tweaking, it now boots to Rocky’s awesome XBMC Emustation, complete with a number of emulators and my back collection of original Xbox games.  Just need to get my son off it so that I can play a few games myself!

Thanks for the great help posted throughout the site. I was able to dust off my knowledge fairly easily and get the hang of things once again.