OGXbox.com

Got a Weird One for Y'all

bulkchart32

i bought some broken xbox's. one of them says it freezes after playing for a while. i booted it up and the date was 04/13/44. i changed the date and unplugged it for a while. i then plugged it back in and it had the 04/13/44 again. i have never heard of that being the xbox's default date and i'm guessing it has something to do with the problems that it is having. what the heck would cause one to act like that? it's a version 1.6.

5 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

i bought some broken xbox's. one of them says it freezes after playing for a while. i booted it up and the date was 04/13/44. i changed the date and unplugged it for a while. i then plugged it back in and it had the 04/13/44 again. i have never heard of that being the xbox's default date and i'm guessing it has something to do with the problems that it is having. what the heck would cause one to act like that? it's a version 1.6.

edit: i think it's actually between a 1.2 and 1.5

OK I have about 9 xbox's.  I have taken the clock capacitor out of all the ones that are 1.0 - 1.5. 

Have I never looked or cared what date or time it is -- NO. Just wondering why you care?

Edited by jhark

2 hours ago, jhark said:

OK I have about 9 xbox's.  I have taken the clock capacitor out of all the ones that are 1.0 - 1.5. 

Have I never looked or cared what date or time it is -- NO. Just wondering why you care?

because that suggests to me some type of hardware problem. how can u have 9 xbox's and not know the normal time that an xbox defaults to?

4 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

edit 2. i was wrong on edit 1.it is a 1.6.

The version 1.6 needs the clock cap in working order to function I would try a new clock cap and see how it goes from there.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

22 minutes ago, jhark said:

Mine all have unleashx dash with a custom skin, the skin doesn't show the time or date, so I have never seen it. 

All my Xbox's are connected to the network and auto set the clock and even the ones I repair set the clock from the network.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

All my Xbox's are connected to the network and auto set the clock and even the ones I repair set the clock from the network.

Cheers

SS Dave

what network are u talking about?

3 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

what network are u talking about?

home computer network that way the clock is set via a www time server.

Cheers

SS Dave