OGXbox.com

Hdd Upgrade

moreno9

27 minutes ago, moreno9 said:

Is it possible on a softmoded Xbox put an HDD larger than 120GB? If it is, how? Is it the same process as for the 120GB?

Thanks

Yes, you can go up to 2TB, you will need to upgrade your ide cable and get a sata adapter unless you go for a smallish pata drive. Mario has a youtube vid and walks you threw it.

2 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Yes, you can go up to 2TB, you will need to upgrade your ide cable and get a sata adapter unless you go for a smallish pata drive. Mario has a youtube vid and walks you threw it.

I Just want a 250gb. Is it the regular mode?I mean using the chimp?

If you get an ide/pata drive it is going to be pretty old but you will not need anything else and should boot quicker. A sata drive should be more reliable but will need a adapter and ide 80 wire cable. Your choice. 
I think you mean which option to choose, I would choose selective and then option 4 in partitions.

Edited by Ging3rguy

If you are upgrading an already larger than stock hard drive and you are not sure if there's an XBPartitioner v1.3 partition table on the hard drive, run XBP Table Writer first to place one on the hard drive so cloning your current C, E, and extended partition 6, F drive, will work properly.

XBP Table Writer is found in Chimp261812's github.com repository in the E Partition folder.

The partition table is stored on the first sector of the hard drive.

Its content looks something like the following image shows: (I really need to create a dark themed version.)

Screech! Bright Light! Bright Light!

spacer.png