OGXbox.com

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory System Link Disconnects

puntja

Hey Guys!

I have 2 Xbox consoles and I try to play Chaos Theory in System Link Mode. Both Xboxes are connected to my router. I can find the other console, I can join a game. I can start the game but as soon as I move one player the game instantly disconnects :(

Does anyone know why?

I would first check the condition and type of network cable in use. Crossover cable for box to box and patch cable for network.

I used to run 3 PS3 systems for GT5 on 3 screens and this came up often. I had to use a network switch first and then output to the router.

• 8 months later...

all my cables are fine.. all lan/system link games work perfectly.. tested with ps2, xbox, xbox 360 and PCs I've tested with 3 different xbox consoles yesterday with different cables etc. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory gives me a lot of trouble. sometimes I can't find games, sometimes I can find the game, but it instantly disconnects 😕 

• 5 months later...

sorry for bumping my old topic here. but since my xbox broke down I got a new one. Installed a fresh xbmc4gamers dashboard and my friend game over and we tried to play splinter cell - chaos theory. 

Still the same issue! we tested everything.. different cables, router, direct connection, xbox 360 linked to a og xbox etc etc etc.. 

this game just refuses to work on a lan connection 😕

• 6 months later...