OGXbox.com

Need a Schematic

bulkchart32

What happens if you ground the D0 point on the main board without a modchip?

As for a circuit diagram I don't like your chances, I think most of the connections go to the MCPX chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

i actually didn't try booting with just the d0 point grounded but the modchip removed. what is suppose to happen if i do? as far as where each pin goes, i've already been able to find points on the board that connect to some of the pins. i need to know what each one is suppose to go to.

On the Xbox I have on the bench with the D0 connected and no modchip I get1 green flash and then it powers down but at least I know the D0 is connected.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

On the Xbox I have on the bench with the D0 connected and no modchip I get1 green flash and then it powers down but at least I know the D0 is connected.

Cheers

SS Dave

are u a professional game system repairman/modder? just curious.

I have been modding Xboxes from the version 1.0 , and lost count of the mods completed.

I do car/home audio repairs for pocket money

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

i soldered the cap back in and tried what u said with just the d0 to ground and i'm gonna tell u exactly what happened. the xbox powered on and there was a pop in the tv speakers(it made no sound before) but screen didn't change at all. it powered itself off and then back and did exactly as the 1st time. it powered it self off again and then back on and started flashing red/green. each cycle would make the tv speakers pop(the led was solid green the 1st two times) but nothing would happen on the screen at all. i unplugged the a/v cable and powered on again. it did the same power cycles but this time the led only flashed yellow/green. i reconnected the alladin chip and it turn on, absolutely nothing changed on the tv(not even an audio pop) and the led stayed solid green and the system did not power cycle(this was exactly what it did before i ever started modding it). the red led on the alladin chip was on the whole time also. btw, what's the best way to get old solder out of a hole that refuse to stick to solder wick? i spent probably 45 minutes trying to get that stupid cap back in it because i hard time getting those holes clean.

21 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I have been modding Xboxes from the version 1.0 , and lost count of the mods completed.

I do car/home audio repairs for pocket money

Cheers

SS Dave

any idea what's going on with it?

I really think a pic of the main board both sides is going to help and with cap are you talking about the one you removed to test?

Cheers

SS Dave