OGXbox.com

How To Get XBmc Dash Board On Chip Mod XBox

naz

I have a chip modded xbox that when powered up will go to the MS dash board. If you hold the power button down a few seconds it will activate the chip and will boot-up, turning the XBOX logo blue and if there is a game in the DVD drive it will load the game. If there is no game in the drive then it will go to the MS dash board.

How do I get the Xbox to load the xbmc dash board when the mod chip is activated? I have tried Auto Installer Deluxe v 4.45 to install the dash boards from the disc to the E: retail hard drive but none have worked, when I re-start the xbox with mod chip activated it will go to the MS dash board.

I have tried to use the Hexen 2018 installation disc, but the xbox  will not read the disc.

Please could someone help me to set up the dash board so that when the mod chip is activated it will boot to xbmc dash board? If you can help, please explain in simple terms because I am not good at these things, a total novice. Thank You.

• 5 weeks later...

Do you know what modchip you have? if its an old one like i have see my issue thread about renaming the dash file.

When you say play a game is it a retail disc or backup? If its a burned backup and it loads but hexen disc does not, try burning Hexen again, make sure you use dvd-r. If AID worked I assume your drive reads backups and is just an issue with the copy of hexen you have of how it was burned. 

Edited by coyo5050

On 5/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, naz said:

I have a chip modded xbox that when powered up will go to the MS dash board. If you hold the power button down a few seconds it will activate the chip and will boot-up, turning the XBOX logo blue and if there is a game in the DVD drive it will load the game. If there is no game in the drive then it will go to the MS dash board.

How do I get the Xbox to load the xbmc dash board when the mod chip is activated? I have tried Auto Installer Deluxe v 4.45 to install the dash boards from the disc to the E: retail hard drive but none have worked, when I re-start the xbox with mod chip activated it will go to the MS dash board.

I have tried to use the Hexen 2018 installation disc, but the xbox  will not read the disc.

Please could someone help me to set up the dash board so that when the mod chip is activated it will boot to xbmc dash board? If you can help, please explain in simple terms because I am not good at these things, a total novice. Thank You.

I am presuming you already have xbmc in your apps folder or its own folder on your E: partition. Use xbe shortcut maker to set a path for your Xbox to load xbmc dash on boot. You need to replace the evoxdash.xbe in the C partition with the shortcut that you make.

Here is more info https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/xbe_shortcut_maker?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Depending on your chip you can lose the dual boot and have the xbox just boot to xbmc. It my just be a software tweak or you my need to solder a link on your chip.

You will have to use an installer disc (boots a replacement dashboard so you can have access to the Xbox's hard drive).

An Installer disc is just a bootable customized version of either Evoxdash or UnleashX that automates the process of installing a replacement dashboard to the Xbox's hard drive.

HeXEn is one of the more popular most-hated installer disc as it changes and installs items to the hard drive you didn't ask for.

Slayer's Evox Installer disc is another popular but older installer disc.

You could make your own as well by placing a properly configured version of UnleashX or Evoxdash (depends how you want an IP addres to be assigned - statically (manual) or via DHCP.  Adding some filler files and creating an XISO disc image then burning that disc image to DVD-R media.

Boot the disc when the modchip is activated then copy the files from the disc to the xbox's hard drive or FTP them over to the Xbox.

Which modchip do you have?  Which modified xbox BIOS is it booting?  in the MS dashboard when the modchip is activated, check the Settings > System Info menu option for the Kernel value displayed at the end of the copyright scroller.  K: 1.00.KKKK.DD <-- what value do you see?

AID v4.53 is probably the best tool to use here since the OP has it and can get it to boot.

But why he apparently just copied stuff off the disc I won't even try to guess.

This is where AID's Modchip One Click Installs comes into its own - noob friendly.

Find that in the main AID menu, click it and choose the option to install the XBMC dash. After that I can't say any more because I've not used it to install XBMC as the main dash on a chipped machine, only a softmodded one.

But if it does the same thing it will put a XBMC folder, probably, still on E:\ and an evoxdash.xbe shortcut on C:\ or some variation of that.

My guess is that the OP installed from the Dashboard menu and that may have put the evoxdash.xbe shortcut on E:\ too. Result: the chip still gives boot priority to the C:\xboxdash.xbe and so the MS dash loads again.

BTW unless the XBMC on the AID disc has been updated it'll be probably won't be the v3.5.3 final version. It is simple to update it afterwards but get it working with the AID installed version first before doing that. 

Edited by HDShadow