OGXbox.com

Gerber Lc4032 XBlast Modchip

k0mpresd

gerber files for xblast lc4032 type modchip.
program lattice with xladdin xblast svf.
program 49lf080a with 512, 256, and xblast os = 1mb.
tested, works.
short s1 to boot 512kb bios, short s2 to gnd to boot 256kb bios.
cheers, internet world. hope someone makes use of these files.

https://www54.zippyshare.com/v/t1w9R0P6/file.html

Moderator Note: zippyshare file has expired. The file is no longer available from there.  However, see attachment to post below for a backup copy of it:

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3146-gerber-lc4032-xblast-modchip/&do=findComment&comment=27323

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A current limiting resistor for the LED.  

Depends on the specifications of the LED used what standard resistor value to use.

Vdd - Vf     =     3.3 Vdc (pin 9 of LPC port)   -   Vf (LED forward voltage)
R = ---------------   = --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Isu                                            Isu (suggested using current aka forward current to operate the LED)

If you don't install the LED, you don't need the resistor.  All it shows you is that the modchip has power.

The LED is directly connected  to the LPC debug port's 3.3Vdc supply line through the current limiting resistor to ground.   Many Aladdin clones don't even have the resistor and LED installed.  Cost cutting build! :)

On 5/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, KaosEngineer said:

A current limiting resistor for the LED.  

The LED is directly connected  to the LPC debug port's 3.3Vdc supply line through the current limiting resistor to ground.   Many Aladdin clones don't even have the resistor and LED installed.  Cost cutting build! :)

exactly. simply something shiny for people to look at.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which SVF file did you use to program the Lattice LC4032V CPLD?

Which flash chip is installed in the modchip's socket?

Which BIOS did you flash to it?

Hey @KaosEngineer I used the xblast svf to program the cpld, it says it programmed corrected.
I use a STT49LF080, chip, first I tried to socket it, and later I solderd it directly, I tied the chip in a Aladdin, and it boots normal.

So I think its the svf file maybe, but I used it before to make xblast chips from Aladdin XT's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The zippyshare file's no longer available.  Does anyone have a copy of it that they can post to a sharelocker site?

If so, post the link to it in this thread.

Hey @KaosEngineer Its also up on OSH park :

https://oshpark.com/profiles/gothkar

I am not 100% the same but i have to check tonight if is still have the original.

Do you have a copy of the xblast sfv maybe my got corupted, last time i also had a problem with other files on my drive
bing corrupt.

Edited by Nextria
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextria said:

I am not 100% the same but i have to check tonight if is still have the original.

Do you have a copy of the xblast sfv maybe my got corupted, last time i also had a problem with other files on my drive
bing corrupt.

Aladdin_XBlast.svf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nextria said:

bing corrupt.

I believe I found a copy of the zippyshare file on my other computer.  See attachment below:

xblast_k0mpresd.zip

• Like 1

Hey @KaosEngineer

I programmed the chip again with your xblast sfv.

but still no joy, the chip still is not working, i begin to think there is something wrong with the boards or the lc4032

The 49lf080a  works if i put it in an aladdin XT chip, so thats good. the LC4032 programs okay without any error.
I have checked everything for continuity and i dont have any bridges or lose pins.

i am at a lose if anyone have any ideas please let me know !

1 hour ago, madmon said:

I haven't had any luck with flashing Aladdin's to xblast. This is from one of the Facebook groups, maybe you printed the version without the fix? 

FB_IMG_16029382873033839.jpg

Thanks @madmon I feel like a idiot, because of the white boarder around the holes for pinheaders I thought I should be solderd there.

now it is working!

E7817F29-957D-4BB1-9B9F-80E365DEBCDF_1_105_c.jpg

Edited by Nextria
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nextria said:

Thanks @madmon I feel like a idiot, because of the white boarder around the holes for pinheaders I thought I should be solderd there.

now it is working!

E7817F29-957D-4BB1-9B9F-80E365DEBCDF_1_105_c.jpg

Wait, you soldered the pin header on the wrong side of the PCB, removed it and soldered it from the bottom side and installed the modchip and it works now.  Or, did you have to add the wire that @madmon's picture shows?

36 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Wait, you soldered the pin header on the wrong side of the PCB, removed it and soldered it from the bottom side and installed the modchip and it works now.  Or, did you have to add the wire that @madmon's picture shows?

I think he just flipped the header. That facebook post is a bit older so it might have been an older pcb design 

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, dirtykash said:

Can these be programmed via the jtag points or can you only program off the board? 

Also does anyone have a bill of materials or .BOM file for these?

The Lattice LC4032V CPLD is programmed using the JTAG points on the modchip.  The SST49LF080A flash memory chip is programmed with an external flash or universal programmer capable of programming the SST49LF080A chip or the Xbox if you have an Aladdin XBlast modchip (See edit note below).

User bank 1 (512KB) + User Bank2 (256KB) + XBlastOS (256KB)  1MB BIOS dot bin file to flash the 49LF080A.

If you socket the flash memory chip, it is possible to disconnect the modchip after the console has booted.  Unsocket the BIOS flashed chip, seat the unprogrammed chip, install the modchip back onto the LPC debug ports pin header and flash the BIOS to the empty flash chip.

Edit: Doing the following will require a modified Aladdin XT plus2 - Aladdin-Xblast - with psyko_chewbacca's updated CPLD coding to work with the SST49LF080A:

However, this design doesn't use a socket for the flash memory chip so you will need an Aladdin XT plus 2 (aka XT 4032 modchip that has a socket to program the flash device if you don't have a separate programmer.  The Xbox will be the programmer.

BOM (minimum 3 components)

1. Lattice LC4032V-75T44I ??? the one on the Aladdin XT plus 2's is labeled LC4032V-75T44-10I
  2. SST49LF080A Flash memory chip
  3. 2x6 (12-pin) female receptacle through-hole solder mount (2.54mm/0.1in. centers)

Optional items:

1. SMD LED (choose the color you want)
  2. Current limiting surface mount resistor (resistor value depends upon the current draw required to power your chosen LED).  [One online LED Series Resistor Calculator.  There are many others. (Set the Supply Voltage to 3.3 instead of the default 9 Volt value. Select the LED color or enter the voltage drop and LED current from the LED datasheet that you select.  Press calculate and use the nearest higher 5% resistance value).]

SMD resistor and LED part sizes - imperial 0805 or metric equivalent 2012

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve managed to build a modchip connected my Altera usb jtag but cannot get any software working to flash the .svf in windows 10.

Anyone had any success using a jtag in windows 10 or recommend any simple software to program the lc4032?

FMDEF4.md.jpg

Edited by KaosEngineer
Image file was not being displayed

I did have the chip in the Xbox so would of had 3v, is the pin header supposed to be on top or bottom thinking this may be my issue?

also just noticed I’m an idiot and fit the led/res in wrong spots 😩

think I’ll try make a new one today and retry... still need some working software to program with us blaster too.