OGXbox.com

Weir Behavior With 1.0 XBox Tsop

Hi,

I just acquired a 1.0 xbox for 10€ , the guy told me that the console wasn't able to read discs, so i try to put a disc on it, it works but painfully , sometime it does (the loading time takes a long time, and the boot aswell), sometime it just don't (it goes to the ms dash like there is no disc on it), but i decided to hardmod it anyway since i'm not planing to use the dvd drive (already have all of my backups on my other xboxes).

I first softmoded it with the splinter cell exploit, then i solder the bridges to flash a 256bits EVOX M8+ (F and G) bios with the hexen disc ( i wasn't sure if the 512bits was the one to choose or not), i installed an 250gb HDD from another xbox that was hardmoded aswell, but didn't bother to format it, since it has the same configuration. I made  i backup of the eeprom just in case, installed XBMC4gamers, tried some games and emulators, and so far so good.

BUT, once i'm in a game and want to go back to my main dash (XBMC4gamers), the console has this weird behavior, the led are blikning green, i can hear the dvd drive spin two times, while the console reboot, it has the microsoft logo, then it restart again to finally come to my main dash. Basically it's take just a little bit longer, so it's not like she didn't reboot at all, but still, it's quite annoying..

And it only does that with XBMC4gamers, as for Unleashx it's just reboot the console like she normally would.

I tried to clean the hdd, by removing the xbmc folders to avoid any conflict, but that didn't change anything

Any ideas why it does that?

Cheers

Thanks for the answer

So i just flashed the X2-5035 512bits, i think it's better because it doesn't double check before start now, but there is two issues (wich may be normal) : The boot is longer than the M8+ , and the in game/apps combo (Triggers+ Start+ Back) that allow to return to the main dash doesn't reboot the console (no xbox logo, just black screen for 10/13seconds, then go straight to my main dash), it's normal ?

Do i have to edit som ini file or something to disable the dvd check or it's already config with the bios?

Cheers

You should have a x2config.ini on the C drive that you can change the boot behavior.

The DVD drive check is set to off but have a look in the config file to be sure.

If there is no config file add this to the Xbox c drive via FTP

x2config.ini

The 10 second delay is normal after to use the ingame reset

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

You probably have a Thomson TGM600 DVD drive and that sound is the drive checking for a disk and it's not a BIOS thing and even a completely stock Xbox with that drive makes the same sound.

With the X2 5035 bios if you are not going to use the DVD  you can unplug the connector with the yellow wires and that will disable the DVD drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That 'distinct' Thomson double spin up disc drive check noise at start or reboot I forgotten about until yesterday when I had to swap the one I have into another Xbox. Suddenly I remembered why I had retired that Xbox from regular use. It always bothered me that sound, I thought there was something wrong with it despite being 100% reliable and not particularly noisy in use.

Not until many years later did I read it was normal for the Thomson; still annoying.