OGXbox.com

Identifying a Modchip

renanbianchi

Hey guys, i came around these pics of a modchip on an old xbox, both sides have wires, a lot of wires on it. And i couldn't figure it out what is happening on this console, it seems to be some kind of reserve bank of the bios? A well known xbox modder said that it was some kind of extended bios bank and that if removed, the console would not turn on. So what do you guys think?

This is not a help topic, just information disclosure, as this console is not mine and i'm really curious about this mod.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-15 at 12.54.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-15 at 12.28.48.jpeg

Both are old 1st-generation 29-wire mods.  The PCB with chips on it looks like an Enigmah-X modchip (however, the Enigmah modchips I've seen pictures of only have 1 chip not 2) and the EPROM installed is a method to boot a modified BIOS from it instead of the onboard TSOP.  Not sure why both are installed.  Only one of the other is needed.  I suspect the EPROM is the one that is enabled.

Much easier methods to mod the Xbox are available.  They should be removed and replaced with a newer modding method - either softmod or a better modchip with a newer modified BIOS version.

Softmod: Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool

Modchips: Aladdin XT plus 2 (XT 4032) or OpenXenium.

What BIOS/kernel version running?