OGXbox.com

Virgin Softmod & 2tb Hdd?

FerociousOG

So I recently picked up two virgin OG Xboxes at a thrift shop. A rev 1.1 and 1.4-1.5. took apart cleaned and removed the dreaded clock capacitor. Both working. πŸ‘πŸ‘ First time owning OG Xbox.

Q: If I Softmod my OG Xbox with Rocky5 and want to add a 2TB HDD SATA (plus 80pin IDE ribbon, IDE to SATA adaptor and clone my old HDD to new HDD), can I do that directly or do I need to do a TSOP Flash too?

I reviewed these two videos but no mention a Softmod HDD size limitations. My understanding is 2TB in the max.

How to Softmod Your Original Xbox with a Flash Drive | Rocky5 Xbox Softmodding Tool USB Tutorial

How to Upgrade a Hard Drive on a Softmodded Original Xbox | Xbox Softmod HDD Upgrade Tutorial

Thanks!.

Edited by FerociousOG

With a TSOP flash/Modchip you do not need to worry about locking your hard drives, That makes for easy drive swapping between Xboxes, Easy drive cloning as you don't need to unlock the drive then lock it again to use in a Xbox.

If Xbox fails that has a softmod then unless you have the HDD key then the drive is junk as well.

If you decide to make a slime Xbox you will need a BIOS with the DVD check disabled and that's not possible on a softmod.

If someone accidently delete'sΒ the wrong files with a modchip the Xbox will still boot from a Install disk can and be used to repair it.

Β 

And if you can softmod then you can TSOP flash

Β 

Β 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Β