OGXbox.com

Console Frag'ing After a Repaste and Dvd Rive Cleaning.

bulkchart32

i pulled apart my 1.6, cleaned and repasted the the heat sinks, and cleaned and greased the dvd drive. i was cycling the dvd drive trying to get the tray to operate correctly when all of a sudden the system started having weird artifacting on the screen. i turned it off and un plugged it and then plugged it back in and it started frag'ing. what's going on?

Hello,

did you replace both cpu and gpu thermal paste ? If yes, did you think to warm gpu heatsink in order to remove it ? If yes, did you perfectly clean previous thermal adhesiv paste on the cpu ?

If you did everything perfectly, do you use a conductive thermal paste and you could have put too much paste that would have overrun on components ?

What is your board revision ? 1.0-1.1 (AT style PSU connector) 1.2-->1.5 ATX connector 1.6 ATX Connector with no ram extension and Xcalibur chipset ?

Did you remove the capacitor clock if this is a 1.0 to 1.5 version ?

Do you see some caps that seem to be bulged ?

Send a photo of the top and bottom of your motherboard.

bye

1 hour ago, Benur75 said:

Hello,

did you replace both cpu and gpu thermal paste ? If yes, did you think to warm gpu heatsink in order to remove it ? If yes, did you perfectly clean previous thermal adhesiv paste on the cpu ?

If you did everything perfectly, do you use a conductive thermal paste and you could have put too much paste that would have overrun on components ?

What is your board revision ? 1.0-1.1 (AT style PSU connector) 1.2-->1.5 ATX connector 1.6 ATX Connector with no ram extension and Xcalibur chipset ?

Did you remove the capacitor clock if this is a 1.0 to 1.5 version ?

Do you see some caps that seem to be bulged ?

Send a photo of the top and bottom of your motherboard.

bye

1.6 board. non-conductive thermal paste. haven't looked at caps since this happened.

I would be checking the caps next to the 20 pin power connector and heatsink and if they look anything like the circled ones replace all of them.

IMG_20200514_070432.thumb.jpg.a251e86a25528b415a051713a1c0342d.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.