bulkchart32

Console Frag'ing After a Repaste and Dvd Rive Cleaning.

i pulled apart my 1.6, cleaned and repasted the the heat sinks, and cleaned and greased the dvd drive. i was cycling the dvd drive trying to get the tray to operate correctly when all of a sudden the system started having weird artifacting on the screen. i turned it off and un plugged it and then plugged it back in and it started frag'ing. what's going on?

update: i just tried to power on the system again and it powered on but the start up screen was glitching so i turned it back off. what have i done to my system?

Hello,

did you replace both cpu and gpu thermal paste ? If yes, did you think to warm gpu heatsink in order to remove it ? If yes, did you perfectly clean previous thermal adhesiv paste on the cpu ?

If you did everything perfectly, do you use a conductive thermal paste and you could have put too much paste that would have overrun on components ?

What is your board revision ? 1.0-1.1 (AT style PSU connector) 1.2-->1.5 ATX connector 1.6 ATX Connector with no ram extension and Xcalibur chipset ?

Did you remove the capacitor clock if this is a 1.0 to 1.5 version ?

Do you see some caps that seem to be bulged ?

Send a photo of the top and bottom of your motherboard.

bye

1 hour ago, Benur75 said:

Hello,

did you replace both cpu and gpu thermal paste ? If yes, did you think to warm gpu heatsink in order to remove it ? If yes, did you perfectly clean previous thermal adhesiv paste on the cpu ?

If you did everything perfectly, do you use a conductive thermal paste and you could have put too much paste that would have overrun on components ?

What is your board revision ? 1.0-1.1 (AT style PSU connector) 1.2-->1.5 ATX connector 1.6 ATX Connector with no ram extension and Xcalibur chipset ?

Did you remove the capacitor clock if this is a 1.0 to 1.5 version ?

Do you see some caps that seem to be bulged ?

Send a photo of the top and bottom of your motherboard.

bye

1.6 board. non-conductive thermal paste. haven't looked at caps since this happened.

I would be checking the caps next to the 20 pin power connector and heatsink and if they look anything like the circled ones replace all of them.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.