OGXbox.com

XBox 1.0 Controller Issues

Murilaum80s

Hello everyone, first off all, excuse for my English as I am Brazilian

I just got an Og Xbox 1.0 with Xecuter2 and I'm still learning a lot about this beauty but I have a problem and maybe someone here can help me. I was browsing the forum but found nothing on this specific matter.

The Xbox works fine except for one thing: the controller keeps disconnecting.

It came with some 3rd party controllers and an adapter for PS2 controllers, so no original controller for me. The funny thing is that when it disconnects I only can make it work again when I wrap the cable around the controller and make my way unpluging and pluging it back. Someone told me that it could be caused by a faulty cable on the controllers but I checked the cables with a multimeter and they appear to work fine. The PS2 adapter sometimes work and sometimes do not work, but the LED on the adapter is always on. I also disassembled the box for cleaning and to take off the clock capacitor (that was leaked btw), time when I also checked the daughterboard to see if it was faulty, and it was not.

Given the situation, I can only think of two options: 1. the 3rd party controllers and adapter are really crappy and don't work fine with the console and I should get an original controller; or 2. my daughterboard is defective and should be replaced. I don't think there's a software problem here but since all things related to Og Xbox are completely new to me, I can be wrong.

Anyways, the help I want/need is to try to find a way to discover the problem since Og Xbox parts or controllers are really not easy or cheap to find in Brazil...

Cheers

Hi my friend, have you tried checking the Controller ports inside the Xbox? Clean them with some isopropyl alcohol from the oustide and check if their connections are okay inside the Xbox, some cable might be loose which can cause the controller to fail, if not then it's the controller it self as you said it's a 3rd Party try open and it and fix it if not, try order one from Aliexpress i know they have 3rd Parties as well but their quality is good and i never had any problems with their electronics.  Here you can check if that helps you with your controller. Wish you good luck :)

• Like 1

Could be bad cable on adapter itself. faulty cable should not need replug, more likely indicates that it's a adapter's fault.

And don't even think about trying to buy third party OG xbox ontroller, they all suck. Maybe logitech don't.

• Like 1