OGXbox.com

Upgrade Swap Hard Disk

aries

Hello,

so you changed eeprom as we told in your previous post ? So If you have installed an openxenium, in the chip menu, you can lock hdd, but you dont neeed as you have a moddchip, except if you remove modchip, you need to lock hdd before booting from onboard bios.

bye

1 hour ago, Benur75 said:

Hello,

so you changed eeprom as we told in your previous post ? So If you have installed an openxenium, in the chip menu, you can lock hdd, but you dont neeed as you have a moddchip, except if you remove modchip, you need to lock hdd before booting from onboard bios.

bye

Hi,the stock hard drive is dead.

Thanks for your info.

Are you swapping between skins or is that happening on one particular skin for each dashboard? Not all skins include main menu temperature information. But if its not that I do not know what would cause this. There must be temperature sensors somewhere but I have no idea if they're incorporated into the chips or are separate MB devices. 

Neither UnleashX or EvoX (in particular) are trust worthy in regard to the actual temperatures shown (XBMC is the only one I trust for accuracy) but UnleashX is consistent and so helpful, even if inaccurate.

If it's a v1.6 motherboard, the temp sensor's reading is unreliable.  Most of the homebrew software (dashboards) were written before the 1.6 revision came out and no updates were made to properly read that motherboard's temperatures correctly. 

On a 1.6 motherboard, MS removed the AD1032 chip and included some or all of it's functionality in the custom Xyclops chip.  However, IIRC, the new temp sensor's I2C address changed. 

Is it a 1.6 motherboard?

If not, you may need to clean the motherboard area around the AD1032 chip.  I've seen leaked clock cap electrolyte reach this chip and cause bad readings.  (An Xbox I helped fix was always sensing an overheating condition and causing the System Management Controller to flash the eject ring orange and speed up the cooling fans to 100% then shortly powering off the console since it was not sensing a drop in the CPU temperature.)

14 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

If it's a v1.6 motherboard, the temp sensor's reading is unreliable.  Most of the homebrew software (dashboards) were written before the 1.6 revision came out and no updates were made to properly read that motherboard's temperatures correctly. 

On a 1.6 motherboard, MS removed the AD1032 chip and included some or all of it's functionality in the custom Xyclops chip.  However, IIRC, the new temp sensor's I2C address changed. 

Is it a 1.6 motherboard?

If not, you may need to clean the motherboard area around the AD1032 chip.  I've seen leaked clock cap electrolyte reach this chip and cause bad readings.  (An Xbox I helped fix was always sensing an overheating condition and causing the System Management Controller to flash the eject ring orange and speed up the cooling fans to 100% then shortly powering off the console since it was not sensing a drop in the CPU temperature.)

The console is 1.4 the clock caps removed,where is located the chip AD1032?

But, both CPU's thermal diode reading and motherboard's temperature, actually the ADM1032's internal sensor detecting the temperature of the air surrounding it) are reading 0°.  Changing the paste may have affected the CPU's reading but should not have changed the ADM1032 internal sensor reading.

One thought

Maybe the SDA trace going to the ADM1032 chip is open/cracked. When the System Management Controller addresses the temp sensor, it always reads a value of 0 from the sensor thus a temperature of 0.    Not exactly sure if that's exactly how the sensor's value is converted to the displayed temperature reading.

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

But, both CPU's thermal diode reading and motherboard's temperature, actually the ADM1032's internal sensor detecting the temperature of the air surrounding it) are reading 0°.  Changing the paste may have affected the CPU's reading but should not have changed the ADM1032 internal sensor reading.

One thought

Maybe the SDA trace going to the ADM1032 chip is open/cracked. When the System Management Controller addresses the temp sensor, it always reads a value of 0 from the sensor thus a temperature of 0.    Not exactly sure if that's exactly how the sensor's value is converted to the displayed temperature reading.

How can I check if the trace has been broken?

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you do a eeprom swap/reflash on this Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yes! the only change is a serial number.....with LiveInfo.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you use the eeprom file from that Xbox ?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Desoldering with hot gun air eprom from a working xbox 1.4 and soldered it in the one that didn't work 1.4....