OGXbox.com

Bad Tsop Flash Recovery?

Mousxaros

Ok, so by mistake I used a winbond flash method on a non winbond TSOP (ST), which resulted in the console freezing during the flash process and (ofc) followed by frag. Hopefuly i suceeded in installing an old alladdin modchip which i had lying around and the console works fine.

So here' my question. Is it possible to re-flash the TSOP theoretically using the following method: Boot the console and then disable the chip without shutting down (e.g. desoldering the D0 point) and try to flash the TSOP correctly this time?

The short answer is NO because when you boot from a mod chip the Xbox can not see the TSOP chip until it is power cycled.

There is a way or recovering the on board BIOS and it involves a modified BIOS on a mod chip and links on the board to temporary ground 2 points that get removed in the correct order that will allow the TSOP to be reflashed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 12:11 AM, SS_Dave said:

The short answer is NO because when you boot from a mod chip the Xbox can not see the TSOP chip until it is power cycled.

There is a way or recovering the on board BIOS and it involves a modified BIOS on a mod chip and links on the board to temporary ground 2 points that get removed in the correct order that will allow the TSOP to be reflashed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have another xbox 1.4 console but original mode does not works try to boot 2 times then red / green flashing, I understand the problem is the original TSOP,with modchip OpenXenium works but with evox and XBlast_OS_v0.56 don't detected the flash, in what way and possible to reflash the TSOP?

Edited by aries

33 minutes ago, aries said:

I have another xbox 1.4 console but original mode does not works try to boot 2 times then red / green flashing, I understand the problem is the original TSOP,with modchip OpenXenium works but with evox and XBlast_OS_v0.56 don't detected the flash, in what way and possible to reflash the TSOP?

You could try this

It's a modded M7 bios and it needs some links on the main board that get removed at the correct time and it should allow you to reflash the TSOP chip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocuhbwh3vrooqez/tsop_m7.zip?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

38 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You could try this

It's a modded M7 bios and it needs some links on the main board that get removed at the correct time and it should allow you to reflash the TSOP chip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocuhbwh3vrooqez/tsop_m7.zip?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

Can you tell me what is the some links are to be made?

So since I successfully integrated mimicked Chameleon TSOP recovery feature into my own modchip, I've started playing some hex editor magic. I made my own BIOS, similar as tsop_d6.bin, that will work exactly as tsop_d6.bin. The only difference is that this BIOS will boot on every Xbox that has a flashable TSOP(so 1.0 to 1.5).

I named it tsop_m7.bin as it uses the kernel found in Evox M7 BIOS.
As tsop_d6, you need to have to solder a wire to the TSOP A15 signal. Chameleon modchip will work it's magic by itself.

If you don't have a Chameleon (or soon a XBlast), you can *try* to manually make it work using a basic modchip like a DuoX2, Xecuter 2.x or aladdin XT. I recommend you use a modchip with at least 2 banks to still be able to flash over this BIOS once you're done. To make it work, you'll have to manually operate D0 and A15 wires. Make them long enough to reach a ground spot. Here's the procedure:
1. Insert you booting disc in the DVD drive(HeXen, Auto-Installer...)
2. Tie both D0 and A15 to ground
3. Boot the Xbox with tsop_m7
4. Remove D0 from ground (leave it hanging without touching anything)once the front LED starts flashing
5. Remove A15 from ground one you see the Xbox logo on your TV.
6. Flash your TSOP using your favorite tool.

Some important info:
- As tsop_d6, you can only boot from a Xbox disc in your DVD drive. If no disc is in the DVD drive, the Xbox will just sit at the booting Xbox Logo.
- There is no boot animation. I chose a really weird color combination for the Xbox logo so you know you're booting the right thing.
- There is a chance this BIOS will not boot if you have previously flashed a hacked BIOS on your TSOP. From personnal experience, M8+ and X2 5035 are problematic across all revisions. IND-BIOS 5004 works on my 1.2 and 1.4 but not on my 1.0(probably an RC4 key issue).
- There is no LBA48 support. This BIOS is not meant to be used as your everyday BIOS anyway.
- Pre-insert you disc in your DVD drive. This BIOS resets on Eject.

You are going to need to have the bios in the download I linked flashed on a modchip you are also going to need to solder 2 wires 1 to the D0 and a 2 wire soldered to the A15 point in the pic I posted.

Or you fit a modchip(Aladdin,Xenium Ice,Open Xenium) and not bother trying to reflash the TSOP chip

Cheers

SS Dave

I have never had to try it but I have read that it may take 3 or 4 tries to get the timing right with the D0 removal and then the A15 removal.

The  process of he wire disconnecting was fully automated in the modchip(Chameleon and then the XBlast Lite) it was made for.

Cheers

SS Dave

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If it was mine I would either change the TSOP chip or stick an Aladdin chip in and sell it.

What version is it.?

Cheers

SS Dave

IMG-20200414-WA0006.jpg

That chip will work fine 

Fit a 12 pin header with pin 4 removed.

Then link the BT to pin 2(ground) like the yellow line.

IMG-20200414-WA0006.jpg.a719bc315373574b0f12f108bf498e28.thumb.jpg.9a2a2baa48b21f4c37d046e9ce963802.jpg

And link the D0 to ground on the bottom of the main board like the black line

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

By fitting it this was way the chip is always active and don't worry the new Xbox live when it starts will work with a modchip active..

Cheers

SS Dave

7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

As it's a 256kb I would use a IND-5003.67 (Ind 5003 f and G)

Cheers

SS Dave

This bios need a cfg file?

Because my friend doesn't remember what bios flashed, maybe there is m8plus....your xbox is dead to recover only a modchip.

Edited by aries

Fitted modchip  with BT link to GND and D0 to GND bottom side motherboard,the bios flashed is m8plus, console boots only in chip mode,even when press power button for 2 seconds, and when try to flash IND-5003.67 bios with XBlast OS 0.56 flashed the BIOS on the modchip,my problem is reflash TSOP....

Edited by aries

4 hours ago, aries said:

Fitted modchip  with BT link to GND and D0 to GND bottom side motherboard,the bios flashed is m8plus, console boots only in chip mode,even when press power button for 2 seconds, and when try to flash IND-5003.67 bios with XBlast OS 0.56 flashed the BIOS on the modchip,my problem is reflash TSOP....

What do you mean it flash the TSOP?

As the way I described the fitting and the way you have wired it the modchip is the only BIOS that is available and the TSOP chip is basically been disabled 

Cheers

SS Dave

44 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

What do you mean it flash the TSOP?

As the way I described the fitting and the way you have wired it the modchip is the only BIOS that is available and the TSOP chip is basically been disabled 

Cheers

SS Dave

The console problem is a BAD image TSOP, I wanted to understand if there was an alternative to flash the TSOP.

23 minutes ago, aries said:

The console problem is a BAD image TSOP, I wanted to understand if there was an alternative to flash the TSOP.

You could try this

Flash the M7 bios to the mod chip then add the 2 wires 1 to the D0 and the 2nd to A15 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdcn690k7pztq17/TSOP recover.rar?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

1 hour ago, Mousxaros said:

Thats exactly the same reason i started this thread in the first place. If possible someone who has the knowledge should post a step by step guide on how to power cycle the TSOP using a modchip like SS_Dave suggests.

Did you download the RAR file and read the text file.?

Cheers

SS Dave