OGXbox.com

Can You Flash the Bios With a Third Party Controller?

Guilleack

Hello i have a xbox with a almost dead hard drive and a dvd drive that works barely. The previous owner performed a tsop very long ago and that's why i believe that i can boot to hexen without the hard drive, also i saw some solder residue on the pads to unlock the bios protection. (Cleaned the old solder and bridged the points again)

I have a 1.4 with a Windbond and focus chip, the main problem that i have is that i can't move the options in the Gentoox because my only working controller seems to be a fake controller or at least the original pcb was replaced with a generic one, someone told me on the Xbox-hq forums that i can just drop the bios file on C:/Bios . Can i boot HEXEN and ftp the bios file from there? Also what bios do you recommend? I can't decide beetween evo m8 or iND-BiOS.5004.67

Thanks for your time.

You could try the XBE version of XBlastOS v0.56 (aka lpcmod_OS by psykochewbacca) to reflash the TSOP.  I believe it supports a wider variety of controllers than the Gentoox Loader.

Do you know the USB identifier value for your controller - the vendorID : productID pair?

If you have a female Xbox controller port to male type-B USB cable, you can attach the controller to a USB port on your PC and use usbview to obtain the value.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You could try the XBE version of XBlastOS v0.56 (aka lpcmod_OS by psykochewbacca) to reflash the TSOP.  I believe it supports a wider variety of controllers than the Gentoox Loader.

Do you know the USB identifier value for your controller - the vendorID : productID pair?

If you have a female Xbox controller port to male type-B USB cable, you can attach the controller to a USB port on your PC and use usbview to obtain the value.

Thanks for the reply. I can use the XblastOS tool with other bioses? (I wanted to go with ND-BiOS.5004.67 ) About the usb adapter i don't have one at the moment.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, SS_Dave said:

Try using the DVD remote.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Those also need to be original to work? I saw a guy selling two of these near me but i'm not sure if they are original.

Unfortunately it is not working with Xblast that's loaded from a modchip or run as a program.

Yes you would need at least the DVD dongle to be genuine and you could use a universal remote with a Xbox code set should work 

IMG_20200506_140501.thumb.jpg.124b7a39b26bc436357c8734b3e45790.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hello again, i just don't have any means to get an original controller. They are extremely rare on my country somebody told me that you can use the Xblast os tool with third party controllers but i can't find xblast os on the hexen disk, how i should proceed?

On 5/11/2020 at 8:53 AM, Guilleack said:

Hello again, i just don't have any means to get an original controller. They are extremely rare on my country somebody told me that you can use the Xblast os tool with third party controllers but i can't find xblast os on the hexen disk, how i should proceed?

XBlastOS v0.56 (XBE app to run on the Xbox and a dot bin for flashing to a compatible modchip/TSOP - doesn't seem to work on an OpenXenium modchip at this time.) is available at 

https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/lpcmod_os/downloads/ 

(if you can't see / access the above URL try the following one. You'll need to remove the additional spaces that have been added:

https:// bitbucket.org / psyko_chewbacca / lpcmod_os / downloads /