OGXbox.com

Retrobrite Panzer Dragoon Console

DjRicochet1

Hi guys hoping I can get some feedback before I do something I regret. Today I finally received a limited edition Panzer Dragoon Xbox console, however it has arrived looking very orange instead of white. Due to the fact of how rare these are getting, not to mention the expense of it, should I attempt to whiten it or leave it alone, also not sure if it would affect the detailing on top of the console? What do you think?

20200430_174443-min.jpg

• Like 1

UPDATE - Well against all advice I decided to retrobrite my console and I'm only updating this post to give hope to someone else who may be in the position I was in. I live in UK and used the Bblonde and cling film method, I did a test piece on the bottom of the case a few days ago and had no issues so I went all in and the results are amazing. 

1588967344_tmp_20200508_204022.jpg

1588967395_tmp_20200503_015359.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hucz said:

Thanks for sharing, this is helpful for anyone who is looking to do the same. Cheers, looks great, happy it turned out the way you had hoped.

Thanks Hucz, I'm well pleased and would be willing to do a tutorial if anybody wanted. If what OGXbox Admin said is true I'm assuming I'm the first person to have success with restoring this console.

10 hours ago, Hucz said:

The saying Chalk and cheese is the 1st thing that comes to mind and I wonder where it was keeped in a chain smokers room?

Well Done.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It's always a good sensation when the white come back :)
But be careful guys, the retrobrighting can ruin your plastic over time, and it's now proven that it's only a temporary benefit.
I collect retrostuff since 1999, and made a mass retrobrighting around 2006. The yellowing is here again and worst than before. It seems that peroxide make the plastic more microporous...
Someone tried to retrobright using only sun rays, no peroxide, at it seems to work, but it takes a lot of hours. The peroxide is used to speed up the process, but is not essential.

• 2 weeks later...