OGXbox.com

Softmod a Chipped XBox?

Gerry

Hello, I upgraded my chipped 1.6 Xbox 120GB hard drive to a 2TB... since I opened the Xbox I took the opportunity to clean it... the Xbox is chipped with a Matrix chip and it has the Xecuter 2 bios (15 years old)... I would like to know if there's a way for softmoding the Xbox and taking out the chip. I do not have the original hard drive. The reason is that after so many years it looks like the chip is kind of bending up and the pogo pins contact with the motherboard are not as good as before... thank you in advance for your help!  next step is test a more modern dashboard as I have been using the UIX dashboard because it looked like the original Xbox dashboard... I thing I want to test XBMC4Gamers. What the difference between XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation? THANK YOU and have a good day! Gerry

Edited by Gerry

It will be a bit tricky as Softmod and Hardmod cant co-exist and since you dont have the original HDD you cant just simply remove the mod chip and have it work.

My recommendation will be to firstly back up your eeprom. Then you'll have to get a program call XboxHDM. (Xbox Hard Drive Maker).

You drop your eeprom into this folder and use it to remake and lock the new hdd that should be softmodded.

Then remove the mod chip and install the new HDD.

I'm sorry that I can't be more descriptive, I have personally never done this but I know this is one of the methods that could work for you. Perhaps you can get more detail on it from the others?

Best of luck man