OGXbox.com

[SOLVED] XBox With Aladdin Chip Issue

aries

Hi everyone, I'm a new user,have xbox I don't know what version it is, modchip is Aladdin XT with bios M8plus, but a strange thing happens when I turn on the console by holding down the power button 2 seconds it turns on but when I start any game via the evox 3935 dashboard gets stuck on the loading screen,the chip appears to be deactivated....the power button turns green..after 5 seconds it is power on.

Edited by aries

There Aladdin modchip has 3 modes put it depends on if the led wires were connected.

The write protect on or off should no make any difference though what game's are you having problems with and are they DVD or hard drive .

Modes:

Off - Tap the power button and the Xbox starts as normal with the original BIOS.
On - Press and hold power button for 1 second and the Aladdin XT is activated.
Writeprotect - Press and hold power button for 2 seconds and the Aladdin XT is activated in flash write protect mode.
Visual Mode Indication: The power LED will indicate the current mode by different colors.
Off - Green (Normal) / Orange (HDD access)
On - Orange (Normal) / Green (HDD access)
 Writeprotect - Continuous flashing Orange/Green

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

15 hours ago, aries said:

No,everything I boot from evox freezes on the loading screen.

Edit:

The modchip is Aladdin Advanced.

Sorry

Can you post a pic of the insides of the xbox both power supply and main board as I am thinking capacitor failure may be the cause or the hard drive is failing or the files a seriously corrupt.

If you can test a differant hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Hi view this pics my xbox is 1.4,and hard drive upgraded years ago with Maxtor 60GB, try to clean solder point with isopropyl alcohol and managed flash the BIOS x2_4983.67_256k.bin which I was unable to do before, I received an unwritable flash error with m8plus.bin equipped, is possible the problem dirty point solder?

At the momentes works fine! and where is the best bios for this modchips?

https://imgur.com/gallery/r2Yzi3W

Edited by aries

39 minutes ago, aries said:

It look's alright 

I would remove the clock cap in the red circle

The solder joints in yellow are ones I would resolder and while I have the iron hot add the 2 links in purple to enable the TSOP flash.

But as KaosEnginer has mention delete the contents of the 3 drives 1st and see if that sorts it out.

Cheers

SS Dave

wmHAuYR.jpeg

The 3 drive are cleaned, the caps removed and replace with new one? what problem cause this cap? asks you every time you turn on to set clock?

I do resolder 3 points and the bridge for TSOP flash.

Edited by aries

OK  you just remove the cap in the red circle as it will not be doing it job any way and it can leak a corrosive liquid the will cause damage the the copper traces.

This is from a Version 1.4 that was sent to me for repair because it would not power on at all because the copper traces had damage from the leaking cap.

1321915356_Ver1.4capdamage.thumb.jpg.a92b51093c9c126ecea28cac34163e36.jpg

In this pic you can see it looks OK from the top but you can see the corrosion on  the bottom of the cap.

The  clock cap would only retain the time and date with the power disconnected for about 2 hours anyway.

Cheers

SS Dave

I would resolder the chip and the TSOP enable points while the board is out of the case as it gives more room around the chip to work with your soldering iron.

Then reassemble the Xbox and try deleting the contents of X,Y,Z drives and see if it come good.

Then we can see about flashing the TSOP.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Does the console show an Evo X shield in the upper left-hand corner of the screen when you power it on with the modchip enabled?

The thing I hate about the BIOSes developed by EvolutionX is they left the version number the same as the stock MS BIOS they were based upon. 

No have a xecuter bios flashed, not evox.

Edited by aries

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you power on the Xbox by pressing the Eject button?

Cheers

SS Dave

When press the eject button (console off) DVD tray opens and the original console starts.

Removed the cap and cleaned hard disk cache,but the problem occurred again, I bought a new OpenXenium modchip as soon as it arrives I remove the old one and put the thermal grease to the CPU and GPU..........I'll keep you up to date and have to fix other XBOX consoles.

K: 1.00.5713.01 isn't a kernel version for Xecuter2 BIOSes.  The console must have been booting the stock BIOS.

Press the power button and hold it for longer than a second to boot the modchip's BIOS.  You should see XECUTER2 below the big X at the end of the startup animation.

After getting the modchip to boot, what is the Kernel version?  IIRC, UnleashX shows it on the System Info page (Press (Y) to display that page.)

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

K: 1.00.5713.01 isn't a kernel version for Xecuter2 BIOSes.  The console must have been booting the stock BIOS.

Press the power button and hold it for longer than a second to boot the modchip's BIOS.  You should see XECUTER2 below the big X at the end of the startup animation.

After getting the modchip to boot, what is the Kernel version?  IIRC, UnleashX shows it on the System Info page (Press (Y) to display that page.)

Hi,yes UnleashX>System Info:

Kernal version 1.0.4983.67

Everything boot from evox or unleashx freezes on the loading screen.

Edited by aries

10 hours ago, aries said:

Problem solved resolder all points on the modchip works fine.

Many thanks to all!

Good to hear that resoldering the chip fixed it..

Cheers

SS Dave