• Similar Content

• By sinclairuser
      hi all, visited a mate today who recycles set top boxes, and discovered some interesting info, sky boxes contain seagate 500gb and 1tb(depending on model) he gave me some drives to test and they lock fine, i have tried 5 drives so far hdm built the drive fine and they lock fine.
      so considering you can get sky boxes free in the uk they may be a source of good drives, they are sata but the adapters seem to work fine, he did say some early boxes used ide drives 250gb and 500gb but any around in 2019 that are still running will be worn out,i know from my own experience that sata drives dont seem to wear as quickly as ide with constant write read rewrite cycles.
      so i would go for the sata option, and for normal xbox use 500gb or 1tb are big enough, not for a full library granted but then again who likes all games?.
      we tend to have favourites.
    • By martinoss
      Hello guys

I am really stuck and broken 4 xboxes the last week with flashing wrong because i want to know where my problem is.
      My xbox has the aladdin xt plus 2 modchip in it and it work fine but...
      when i want to put a new drive in it it wont boot from disc(auto installer, hexen 17 and 19, rocky)
      The only disc it boots is slayer 2.7
      The problem is with an other IDE or Sata drive no one boots up and slayer says the disk 0,0,0,0space
      The sata adapter is with the 2 capacitors and it has worked on a softmodded xbox with the same 2tb sata drive.
      I have tryed with different dvd drive, ide cables also the 80pin.
      Also tryed different bios files, m8, xecuter 2 the other brokes my chip.
      When i want to hotswap it the hdd clones the slave but when i want to boot it cant from drive or disc.

So what is the problem and what can i try next?

thanks for youre time.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By nikeymikey
      Hi all, 
      I’ve just noticed that the blue leds are not lighting up on my X3 control panel bios bank switch buttons. They should light up blue when pressed in (on). Anyone come across this before? Know how I can fix it?? 

Ill take it apart and see if theres a lose cable cable or similar but that won’t be for a few days....

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.