OGXbox.com

Can Someone Double Check My Lpc Diagram Please

livefast9986

Hey guys, I was reading barnitos LPC diagnostic thread to fix my xbox (still working on it) and i noticed that the baldbouncer image's is incredibly difficult to read and see what pins he is pointing too. I decided to try and update it with a higher-res photo and color coordinate the pins the the corresponding contact hole but I need someone to double check (preferably someone who has done this before) to make sure I'm pointing to the right ones. Can anyone confirm that I've got the Pin #7 going to the right contact hole and that the contact hole for Pin #4 is the proper one?

Thank you.

lpctest.jpg

xbox mobo color coordinated.jpg

There is no pin #4 on the LPC debug port.  Pin 1 is the square pad and they count moving back and forth across the connector then to the left.

Pin Layout
Name Pin Pin Name
SERIRQ (v1.0) 16 15 3.3V
SDA 14 13 SCL
GND 12 11 LAD0
LAD1 10 9 3.3V
LAD2 8 7 LAD3
5V 6 5 LRESET#
PWR (v1.6) 4 3 LFRAME#
GND 2 1 LCLK

Pin 4 header hole is only present on v1.6's - see https://xboxdevwiki.net/LPC_Debug_Port. It's the power on control signal.  Connect the pin to ground then remove the ground connection to power on/off the console.

The issue is for if you destroy your LPC or accidental cut a trace that connects to it for these boards.

You are correct, there is no Pin 4, when looking at the LPC properly, but if you look at the photos the Pin 4 I am referring to is different (I was trying to keep it consistent with the old photo that I'm trying to improve on).

Using this following chart, the Pin 4 in the photo is actually Pin 7 proper. 

Rightfully numbered LPC pin

Baldbouncer's Image numbering

I could test with a multimeter to see if it reads near 0 ohms, but the issue at hand is i sitll dont know exactly what contact hole/via i should be testing since the photo i'm using as reference is difficult to read.

From what I see. Baldbouncer's LPC diagram pin #7 is actually pin 12 in xboxdevwiki's and is connected to ground.  There are so many locations that ground can be obtained.  However, I believe one of the inner layers of the Xbox's multiplayer PCB is a ground plane and it's connected inside the plated feed-through hole to that layer of the board.  You'd have to rip the entire plated section out of the hole to destroy the connection to it.

The reason there are feed thru holes all around each of the motherboard mounting screw grounding pads on the top and bottom sides of the motherboard - they connect the pad to the inner ground plane layer of the motherboard.

I'm not sure why he pointed out that particular location of the PCB on his diagram for the pin 7 connection.

21 hours ago, livefast9986 said:

Hey guys, I was reading barnitos LPC diagnostic thread to fix my xbox (still working on it) and i noticed that the baldbouncer image's is incredibly difficult to read and see what pins he is pointing too. I decided to try and update it with a higher-res photo and color coordinate the pins the the corresponding contact hole but I need someone to double check (preferably someone who has done this before) to make sure I'm pointing to the right ones. Can anyone confirm that I've got the Pin #7 going to the right contact hole and that the contact hole for Pin #4 is the proper one?

Thank you.

lpctest.jpg

xbox mobo color coordinated.jpg

A quick test with a multi meter shows the the lines you have marked in this pic are conected.

Are you having problems with a board?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

soldering wires to these points is a nightmare, Lol... sometime up to 2 to 3 hours..crazy.... It's much easier to use a LPC rebuild board for a 1.6, within 5 minutes I'm done. what you have here is nothing like any LPC rebuild I have seen, what exactly are you trying to do here?

Edited by chrismcompton74