OGXbox.com

Ind 5004 Bios With Wierd Vertical Lines.

Gray1

OK. I just put together a Ver 1.2 XBOX with IND 5004 bios. During the bios boot I get these thin vertical red lines. I have always used a EVOX 8m bios and have never had this problem before.  I'm wondering if this is normal with this bios? It looks fine when fully booted into Unleash X. I don't have another IDE to SATA adaptor. So it's either in the Bios itself or the adaptor.  I only have one of the cheap chinese adaptors here. Anybody got any thoughts?

I have read somewhere the one of the 2 IND bios's versions had some problems with animation so I would try the IND 5003 version and see what happens.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to post this because someone in the future may run into the same problem. In my first post I failed to mention that I have just bought a new Samsung N5300 TV. I put this V 1.2 XBOX together with a large HD. When booting the IND-5004 bios I got these weird looking vertical red lines in the boot process. Once it was finished booting, it looks great. I found out it acted this way no matter which bios I tried using.  I thought it had to be in the IDE to SATA adaptor. I tried different adaptors, the cheap Chinese and the Startech. No difference but the Startech ran slower,  but the boot looked the same. I tried switching IDE cables but there was no differences in the boot. At the same time the XBOX looked fine on my 48” Vizio TV and a cheap Element TV from Walmart. I tried versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. , there was no difference. But when I tried an XBOX   V 1.4, everything looked fine.  I went and got another V 1.4 and confirmed the version of the XBOX made the difference.  I don’t know why. I know they use different video chips and the 1.4 uses a Focus chip. Maybe that is the difference I don’t know. But anyway I got a V 1.4 working fine on the Samsung. I have way too much time in this.