OGXbox.com

Ind Bios

lafayettte

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Slavik916 said:

how to remove the inscription "ind-bios loading"?

You can't.   I don't even think injecting the cfg file into the BIOS gets rid of it; however, it may.  IIRC, when the config file is injected, it simply isn't displayed on the screen as long.  There's no waiting for the hard drive to get ready so the file can be read.

3 hours ago, Slavik916 said:

How to embed the cfg file in the bios itself to speed up the download

If you do inject the config file into the BIOS, only do it if you have a modchip with multiple banks where you can boot from the other bank just in case it freezes; thereby, preventing the possibility of bricking your Xbox.

Edit: Oh, how to inject the config file.  You use the Windows application, ind-bios-config-maker.exe, included with the ind-bios archive.  However, it may not work on current versions of Windows.  I believe it was made to run on Windows XP.

IIRC, cfg injection does NOT work at all with the Beta Feb-11-05 (aka 5004) release.  It seems to work; however, when you try to boot the BIOS, it simply bricks your console - freezes on startup.

I've never tried to inject the file after hearing reports from many people bricking their Xbox when they tried.