OGXbox.com

SmartXX V2 Mod-Chip and 'old' M7-Mod-Bios (?)

ToBI

Hi folks, I purchased a 1.2 XBox not knowing that there is a SmartXX V2 working in it 😆

Now I'm trying to get all the old rubbish from the box and 1st. changed fhe HDD to a 1TB and reinstalled the XBox with HeXen. 

My next thing would be trying to update the SmartXX OS (Build 3335) and the Bios. I learned that the M7 Mod-Bios is a pretty old one. Are there any links between SmartXX and the bios? e.g. I can/should only use/flash special bios-files which are compatible with the SmartXX Mod-Chip?

Where can I get Yan update for the SmartXX OS nowadays? All sources do not work 🙄 Dors anyone has a tip for  good working Bios to change against the old M7 one on my XBox? Where can I find such bioses?

SmartXX OS is the software that controls the functions of the modchip itself.  You still have to flash a modified Xbox BIOS to the modchip.

Xbins FTP server is still online.  There are also two web sites that have a copy of it available to download using a web browser instead of an FTP client.

https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/bios/SmartXX OS/

The other one is offline due to a problem with their network card and I believe repair efforts have been slowed due to the CORVID-19 pandemic.

Modified Xbox BIOS to Use

Evolution-X M8plus F and G prepatched dot bin file found on the HeXEn 2018 disc in the bios subfolder or use EVTool v1.0.9 to patch the original M8plus.bin file yourself, save it and flash to the modchip.

iND-BiOS 5003 or Feb-11-05 Beta (aka 5004), or

X2 5035

I can't believe two people are asking the same question on two different forums so I'm guessing the OP is the same guy.

No necessity to update the BIOS at all apparently - he's already newly installed a 1TB HDD so if that went well the M7 Mod BIOS used must have LBA48 support. M8 and M8+ are very little different from M7 except for their v1.6 Xbox compatibility. The OP is using a v1.1 - v1.4 so that is not an issue.

My advice is check the extended partitions are correctly formatted (as was recommended on the other forum) and if that is all OK why risk updating the BIOS for no particular benefit?