OGXbox.com

Issue Ftping Enter the Matrix To Og XBox

Falcon639

Hi Guys

So I'm having a bit of an issue FTPing Enter the Matrix to my Xbox.

So I have a redump XISO of the game which is more than 7GB. I then extracted the contents and it went down to 4.77GB. I then tried to FTP it over to my console  but a few .txt files have a long name that is preventing the game from FTPing over fully.

Do you guys perhaps have some advice as to how I can get the game over? I thought of recreating the XISO but that is over the standard DVD size, so I can't burn it.

I currently have 2 xbox's, one softmodded with Rocky5 and the other is a 1.6 with an aladin mod chip running Evo X.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You can't FTP the extracted XDVDFS file set from the Redump-style archive as there are files with names too long for the FATX filesystem used on the Xbox's hard drive.  Filename length of FATX is limited to a total of 42 characters which includes the 4 (dot and 3 letter extension) used by most filenames.

Need to use a different way to obtain that file listing.  The XML Filezilla creates for how we did it before has way too much extraneous info included:

Use the search option in the text menu to limit the files it lists - path of Enter the Matrix look for *. After the search has finished, copy and paste the list of files it shows in results window (ctrl-A, ctrl-C). Paste (ctrl-V) the copied content into a text editor and save the file.

There most likely exists an ACL (Action Control List) for DVD2Xbox to patch the default.xbe file and shorten the long file names so they can be stored on the Xbox's hard drive.

The easiest way to run it is from an XISO disc image. If it's over 4GBs, the disc image needs to be split into multiple files that can be mounted by NKPatcher's driveimageutils' attach app.  Softmodded console is the easiest to use the XISO dot iso files on but a hard modded console can be made to work with it as well for a limited number of modified BIOSes.

Hi Guys

So the long .txt files that wont ftp over are spread accross 4 Folders.

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_2_Airport

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_3_Chateau

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_5_Powerplant

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_7_Hovercraft

On another note, how would I go about splitting the XISO?

Also what is the file directory for nkpatcher to mount the XISO?

Thanks for the response guys.

Are these the names of the files or just the folders they are stored in?

20 minutes ago, Falcon639 said:

Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_2_Airport

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_3_Chateau

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_5_Powerplant

\Enter the Matrix\Effects\Beat_7_Hovercraft

If only the folders, what are the names of the files in each?

Edit: I was editing this message right before you posted the Enter the Matrix.rar file and posted it right after your post

You will need to split the XISO file at an even 2,048 byte sector break.  DVD sectors store 2,048 bytes of user data.

Each file needs to be less than 4096MB's in size. I believe the isoripper included with NKPatcher's driveimageutils actually splits them at 4094MB's instead of 4096MBs to make sure they are less than the FATX filesystem's maximum allowed file size. 

The XISO can be split into a maximum of 8 parts (slices as called in the image utils source code). IIRC, the set of files need to be named as follows:

<filename>.part1.iso

<filename>.part2.iso

... up to ...

<filename>.part8.iso

Or,  <filename>.part01.iso, etc. instead.

Note: <filename> is the name you give the files. Use the same <filename> for all of the part files. The isoripper application from NKPatcher's driveimageutils generates it from the name of the game disc being ripped or from the disc's TitleID.  Its been awhile since I used it to rip a game to recall which was used.

Edit: From the source code, the Slice size is set as:

/* Slice the ISO into parts this big. Keep it divisible by the sector size 2048. */
#define DEFAULT_ISO_SLICE_SIZE        0xffe00000

A Slice is the maximum size in bytes for any one of the eight (8) part files.

Hi Guys

So what I've done so far, I created an XISO from the extracted files. I then used XISO split to split it into 2 smaller files that can be FTP'ed over.

I FTP'd it to my softmodded PAL Xbox and was easily able to mount it.

I then used DVD2Xbox to rip it to the HDD, it seemed to have applied an ACL patch and shortened the file names of the files that was originally giving me issues. The game runs fine.

I then copied the ripped version to my PC and FTP'd it to my Hardmodded NTSC-J Xbox. It copied over fine. However the game wont run on this xbox.

Will it need to be ACL patched again? My Hardmodded xbox wont mount XISO. Not like my softmodded one.