OGXbox.com

Used Executer Chip

supercharged_82@yahoo.ca

I was given this mod chip, and a bunch of Aladdins, from a guy I bought some hard drives from. It does not have the wire that you hard wire to the board. I have never installed a mod chip before. My question is, can I solder directly to this chip? Or do I need to source a new cable for it? What are the chances this is a dead chip? anything else missing?? Thanks in advance!

?20200411_132050-min.thumb.jpg.9956d30fdc15eaef2724db1c352591c3.jpg

If you fitting to a 1.0-1.4 you could ground the D0 point on the main board and it will work fine as is just the Lan/HDD leds will not be flashing.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

You could always change it later.

The only reason to connect the D0 from the main board to the mod chip is to allow the use of the original bios and now the Xbox Live is no longer around that option that's not needed.,

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

You can find pre-wired 3-pin JST connectors that will do the job.  The wire colors may be different but if you connect the correct wire to the LAN, HDD and D0 pads you'll be set.

For example:

10sets Mini Micro JST XH2.54mm 3-Pin Connector Plug With Wire Cable 150mm (US $0.99 + $1.50 S+H)

This listing is only one example there are many more sellers on eBay, etc.

I believe that's the correct connector.  Let me do a little more research to verify if that is the connector type.

I'm not sure if 150mm (15 cm) wire length is enough.

You also don't have the single RED wire RED connector used to provide 5Vdc from the alternate source for a 1.6 version Xbox.

On 4/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, [email protected] said:

Good Catch KaosEngineer I am going to put this on one of my 1.0 -1.4 xboxes so that's not an issue at least. If that is the correct connector that will be the way I go, cheap enough for sure. DNA64 I have all those pieces as well Thanks for the help. 

The first JST cables I found are not the correct pin spacing.  The pin pitch (distance between pins is 1.25 or 1.27mm not 2.54mm (0.1")

There are listings for them too on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-SELL-10-SETS-3Pin-15cm-Micro-JST-Molex-Picoblade-1-25mm-Male-Female-PCB-Board/272897774450?epid=2171152476&hash=item3f89f99372:g:jJIAAOSwgxxZlnO7  (not exactly what you need as it has the male cable with 3 wires and the mating female through hole connector).  

The wire length of 15 centimeters (150mm) should be long enough (I believe the originals are ~5 3/4" = 146.05mm).

The front panel all black cable connectors have an even narrower pin pitch than most all the other connectors on the X3 modchip. Probably 1mm but I don't have anything to measure them. 

I used the LPC debug header pin spacing (0.1" pin pitch) to compare the spacing for the 3-wire JST connector.  All 3 pins of it fit within the 0.1" spacing between 2 pins of the LPC pin header.